Breaking through the threshold

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Komatose, Mar 5, 2008.

1. I don't know if anyone else has had any experiences similar to this but I will try to explain what I mean by threshold.

Alot of the times when I smoke weed, especially if its really strong headies, I feel like I have to hold back the feeling or concentrate on something otherwise I will loose total

control of my body and go in a sort of vegetative state. Maybe its just paranoia but this has always kept me back from being able to fully enjoy being stoned.

Now, the last time I ate mushrooms, I only ate 1 gram. I know 1 gram isn't much even more since I used to eat them quite frequently (ate a quarter of dried cubensis before) anyways

these must have been quite potent mushrooms... I remember after smoking a bowl and a cigarette getting this weird bloodlike taste in my mouth. I was sitting on a tree that had fallen and when I tried to get up, I lost total control of all my motor senses. Now usually

this would seem to me like a bad thing but when this happened, I was in a complete state of euphoria, I was in the nirvana. Ever since then I have never held back and always "break through" to the other side.

I know that weed affects people differently and this is why I'd like to know if anyone else has been feeling to same way I have or has been in the same situation. My family has a

genetic predisposition to schizophrenia as my uncle had it and this is maybe the reason
    why when I first started taking psychoactives, I couldn't really let go. However, this would never happen with alcohol or opiates.

P.

Edit: Really stoned right now, I hope this makes a little sens.

2. so you're saying you want schizophrenia?

but yes i have "broke through." did the mistake of dropping three hits then swallowed probably 4 grams of honey coated shrooms. completely lost it. luckily i set it up to garauntee good trip. had plenty of dank to come down off of. some how i managed to roll decent cone.

3. Like you, I have a few members of my family who have been diagnosed with schitzophrenia. So I've always had an abnormal fear of "letting go" or trying anything other than mary-jane. I want to be in control of my body and mind at all times.

4. I wasn't saying I want schizophrenia, what I meant to say is that I have read people stating that psychoactives can provoke an emergence of latent schizophrenia and this may have

been the reason for my paranoia. When I actually did break through it wasn't as bad as I expected, it was actually enjoyable, the whole process of trying to stay away from it is what made it unenjoyable.

Edit: Just to clarify, when you have schizophrenia you don't loose control of your body, you have delusions and hallucinations. Yet I have seen pictures of people that would keep their bodies contorted in a certain way

for hours and in my mind for some reason I thought that they did this to keep themselves from breaking through something and loosing control, and this sort of ressembles would I would do back then before that

fungus event. This is all really unclear to me, maybe I do have a mental issue eh.
    P.