Breaking the news to my parents!

Discussion in 'General' started by javan, Apr 19, 2011.

1. I'll keep this simple.

I'm going to break the news and be completely honest with my parents about smoking [medical] marijuana.

I'm going home for easter break on 4-20 for about a week.

I will tell my mom first... I'm going to sit her down when she has free time and say, "Mom, I want to watch a movie together, it would mean a lot to me, and to honestly listen to every word they say in it as if my life is on the line for it."

Then I will put in The Union: The Business Behind Getting High

We will watch it together, then when it's over I will turn and look at my Mom... say nothing... and give her the best hug ever.

And I will say whatever needs to be said.

I never thought I'd do this but after careful thought, I can no longer hide this from the two of the most important people in my life. The truth of marijuana means too much to me to pretend it's bad anymore.

I will break the news to my father after I become completely financially independent since he'll take a little more work, coming from a super conservative background.

I can't hide anymore, the truth needs to be told.

Don't wish me luck, if your story is anything like mine... just think about it.

You're not alone.

2. its like youre coming out of the weed closet

3. fixed

4. I did this years ago,(mother now smokes occasionally) I'd suggest you have this on standby

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sknoKWsVlAA]YouTube - Grass: The History Of Marijuana[/ame]

5. Haha, nice first two response, gave me a good laugh.

Anonimo, thanks for the link man, I'll definitely watch that today and have it ready!

6. personally I would just casually mention it and if they make a big deal of it then watch the movie. You know your parents better then I do so good luck!

7. Just hope she doesn't delete you off facebook.

lol jk its just the way you write is a little corny lol.

good luck though OP i could tell your a good man I hope all goes well with your mother.

8. Idk why people decide to do this; why not just keep it a secret?

Does your smoking really affect them in any way?

9. Ya same here i have relatives that would freak the fuck out not gonna do any good to tell them

10. why even put yourself through the stress? the older you get, the less important your parents become.

11. I'm gonna have to disagree with this completely.

12. Because keeping secrets fucking blows.