Breaking stem to create fast growing plant?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by binonexus, Apr 10, 2007.

1. My buddy was telling me this, he was saying you can snap the stem, not completely off but break it pretty good and then tape it back together and it will grow much quicker and stronger than it did before, we did this to one of the plants in our grow and since then it has really just shot off, is there any truth to this, why does it do this?

2. i don't think so...

in my opinion breaking the branch would just stress the plant...

just grow it and be patient.... :cool:

3. hmm this sounds interesting, i'd like to try it, but does anyone know if it could result in something worse?

4. It's something to do with the plant "thinking" it's dying and uses all its energy to stay alive so it grows more and produces more. I believe that is why people beat there fruit trees trunk with a hose before growing season.

5. It's called Supercropping , Breaking the plant's inner walls will cause it to rebuild. But it rebuilds these networks better than they were before; it rebuilds so fast (under good growth conditions) that 24 hours later the plant is using the new highways and it's INCREASED capacity for moving water and nutrients.

6. nice. i guess that explains why the plant i did it to is doing so good, i guess i'll do it some more, is it ok to do this during the flowering stage? how late into it?

7. Read up on supercropping, you don't want to snap the stem, you want to slightly crush/bruise the stem at the internodes.