Breaking: Obama Administration Collecting Phone Records Of Millions Daily

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Deleted member 472633, Jun 7, 2013.

1. #1 Deleted member 472633, Jun 7, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2013
    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/06/us/us-secretly-collecting-logs-of-business-calls.html?hp&_r=1&

The order, signed by Judge Roger Vinson of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court in April, directs aVerizon Communications subsidiary, Verizon Business Network Services, to turn over “on an ongoing daily basis” to the National Security Agency all call logs “between the United States and abroad” or “wholly within the United States, including local telephone calls.”
    The order does not apply to the content of the communications.
    Verizon Business Network Services is one of the nation's largest telecommunications and Internet providers for corporations. It is not clear whether similar orders have gone to other parts of Verizon, like its residential or cellphone services, or to other telecommunications carriers. The order prohibits its recipient from discussing its existence, and representatives of both Verizon and AT&T declined to comment Wednesday evening.
    The four-page order was disclosed Wednesday evening by the newspaper The Guardian.Obama administration officials at the F.B.I. and the White House also declined to comment on it Wednesday evening, but did not deny the report, and a person familiar with the order confirmed its authenticity. “We will respond as soon as we can,” said Marci Green Miller, a National Security Agency spokeswoman, in an e-mail.
    The order was sought by the Federal Bureau of Investigation under a section of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act, the 1978 law that regulates domestic surveillance for national security purposes, that allows the government to secretly obtain “tangible things” like a business's customer records. The provision was expanded by Section 215 of the Patriot Act, which Congress enacted after the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

</blockquote>http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/06/06/flashback-intel-chief-told-senate-in-march-the-nsa-does-not-wittingly-collect-any-data-on-americans/

This just makes me want to crawl into fetal position, we are living in a police state and the masses are cheering.  

2. I figured they were already collecting phone data for a while now..isnt anything that goes through a server recorded and logged?

3. I suppose I wont be calling the US any time soon.

4. It's a safe bet that they are also doing the exact same thing with AT&T, Comcast, Sprint, TMobile, Cox, Charter, Time Warner. I've been reading about this all day and have a ton of links, graphics and memes to share, but alas I can't because none of those features work on Safari for iOS anymore.

5. At what point in the last few months did the media hop off the Obama dick?

6. Everything is going to be connected to the internet soon. Privacy is no longer an option I've been debating living in the wild to leave this society.

7. America, land of the free. 

Please sir, educate us all with the great memes you have found about this topic = | 

9. Can't bro. The add link, image, YouTube buttons are missing on the new forum software for Safari. Can't even use copy/paste functions. That's why I haven't been posting much lately. Kinda takes the fun out of it.

10. No one should be under any delusions here.

The FBI and nsa already know just about everything about everyone.

That's why the FBI is pushing so hard for Congress to allow then to use Facebook posts and other similar things to persecute people.

There will soon be mass arrests

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. #11 Deleted member 472633, Jun 7, 2013
    I'll see you at the concentration camp buddy, because if thats true you and I are going down. 

I can just see it now,  "James2912 you are charged with 5,354 counts of thought crimes. How do you plead?"

"Whose on my jury?"
    "Penelope, garrison and Icgreen." 
    "Fuck well, I guess guilty then" 
    "You are sentenced to room 101."

Nah. You can't be that bad of a person. Security agencies are all bat shit crazy with gun violence and terrorists threats and what not. They don;t give a fuck about pothead libertarians like yourself.

13. Not surprised...

AHAHAHAH

"Anything but the chair!"

15. #15 Bluntzilla420, Jun 7, 2013
    Three thoughts:

1. This is borderline Orwellian shit. BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU. It's true, isn't it? This is such proof. Wait until the calls are tapped...

2. The Patriot Act started this entire facade of freedom for society. People should have realized back then that the passing of that bill "for terrorism" was a joke. Here's a startling statistic from 2011: "The act has been used in 1,618 drug cases and only 15 terrorism cases."

3. Obama's not looking so hot anymore, is he? Maybe people are starting to wake up... we can only hope...

16. #16 llllllllll, Jun 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2013
    Noone ever claimed Obama was a savior to the world of freedom..

He is merely a better substitute than Bush.

And on that subject, what is with people blaming presidents for the problems of the US.  Last time I checked congress passed the bills, president is merely a voice for these ideas and a figure head.  People clown on Bush so hard because of bills passed, wars engaged in (see above for misplaced hatred) and he was very stupid.

17. #17 TheDankery, Jun 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2013
    They are going to come after Glenn Greenwald hard. Seriously, I worry for him.

He lives in Brazil. I think he's a dual citizen of the US & Brazil because he's in a same-sex union with his partner, but I don't know how that works legally speaking.

I hope they don't extradite him. Maybe Greenwald will have to pull an Assange and go live in a foreign embassy.

These 3 articles are must-reads to recap the huge developments of the last 24 hours -

NSA collecting phone records of millions of Verizon customers daily

NSA taps in to internet giants' systems to mine user data, secret files reveal

The National Security Agency: surveillance giant with eyes on America

It's worth the time of every American to read these and see what is going on in their country.

edit: I don't usually recommend watching CNN or Piers Morgan, but Glenn will be on Piers' show in about 11 minutes. He'll be on Lawrence, whose show I really don't reccommend anyone watch usually on MSNBC an hour after that. Lawrence is known as a fervent dickrider of Obama so that could be interesting.

Where did you get that qoute?

As far as big brother watching, no surprises there. We're all addicted to their machine man. And so long as it stays plugged in, and your eye glued to the pixels, your every move is logged in some mysto data center in the middle of a desert. If you got something to hide, you got something to worry about.

19. Ill die first

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Prove it.