BREAKING NEWS: Police Raid 2011 High Times Cannabis Cup

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Superjoint, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Criminals.

Obviously Holland just waved goodbye to one of its steadiest streams of income and will soon be joining the rest of Europe.

2. I think the tourism for that area from now on won't ever be the same. From what I can see from this is that it will drop off . I feel bad for those who make a living off the tourism in that area, but they can blame their local government for fucking them over.

3. Seattle has Hempfest and honestly hempfest fucking sucks ass now.

We could use a Cannabis cup up here.

Fuck the dutch, America is now the Weed capital of the world.

4. What a shocking development.
    I never thought i would see the day where I could legally buy weed in Michigan, but people would be getting busted in Amsterdam. Unreal.

5. Motherfuckers!!!! :mad::mad:
    Our economy going to shit would be worth it just for the fact that fucking bureaucrats that make these decisions get their asses fired. I would like to see them begging for change in the street.

6. They say we're the largest exporter of vegetables in the world, they don't tell us what kind of "vegetables". :p
    No but this is hardly our steadiest stream of income, it's pretty insignificant actually.

7. Silver lining, There not taking names.

8. I have a bad feeling about the future of The Cannabis Cup...

Or maybe, Amsterdam will tighten the noose on marijuana laws, as North America gets more lenient. Who knows, maybe America will host the next Cannabis Cup!

9. Its funny though, that these people keep pushing us and pushing us...but they can't see that our will is only growing stronger. The more publicity marijuana gets, the more people join our cause. I say keep harassing us, keep trying to shut down dispensaries, its only counter-intuitive to their own goals! If they had just left it alone, marijuana would not be as big as it is today. And for that, i thank those assholes. It will be legal one day because of all this shit!

10. you mother fuckers....

11. Cannabis in Amsterdam is over. There's much better places like spainabis. Amsterdam is not the Mecca of bud any more. Cali has better bud then Amsterdam.

12. what really bugs me about this is if i couldnt smoke there i would have NEVER visited holland..:mad:

but to date iv been for every holiday iv taken for 6 years and left countless amounts of money behind and there are so so many ppl who do the same and have done it for many years more than i have... and its like the dutch goverment just dont care about this..:confused::mad::mad::confused_2:

i may never go again though i now grow my own and i dont really see the need if im going to be harassed as soon as i light up...:eek:

so i say fuck them..and fuck their now stupid country, shit food , extortionate hotel prices , shitty attitude and crap weather...

it was such a beautiful place once...i loved it so:(:(:(
    i shall smoke to its loss...over and over and over...:bongin::bongin::bongin::bongin::bongin::bongin:

and this summer im goin to spain to get me a tan:cool::cool::smoke::bolt:

13. I hear that, emigrating in approximately six years.:smoke:

14. This is heartbreaking :( the motherland is being corrupted by the government :(

15. fuck them

16. WOW... this Really Blows...:mad::mad::mad:

17. According to representatives for HIGH TIMES magazine, sponsors of the 24th Annual Cannabis Cup in Amsterdam, the event will continue tonight with a scheduled concert at the Melkweg concert hall (Lijnbaansgracht 234), followed by a full day of the expo (including voting) at the Borchland (Borchlandweg) on Thursday, the final day of the competition. An additional voting station will be set up starting at 2PM on Thursday at the Melkweg, which will remain open until the beginning of the official Cannabis Cup awards ceremony at 8PM.

Organizers say that their interactions with Dutch law enforcement started over a misunderstanding about a permit application filed by the venue to host the event, a situation that lead to a clearing of the expo by law enforcement. The misunderstanding has since been resolved.

No attendees were arrested and attendees are not the targets of the police presence. Police entered the expo to ensure that all vendors were in compliance with tax laws and a 500 gram limit for cannabis that's enforced in the Netherlands. Only one vendor has been identified as potentially over the limit, and if so, only slightly. Continue to check http://hightimes.com for the latest coverage of this ongoing global ganja event!

18. Well that is good news!

19. That sounds good.. but previous information said they were confiscating all items. Is that the case or?