Breaking Mind Barriers

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by AlexanderTheGr8, May 3, 2011.

1. I feel like I'm unable to lie to myself when I'm high and just sit around thinking.

The real stuff comes bubbling up to the surface, the state of things, the state of me, everything. When I don't lie to myself about things I don't want to think about just push themselves to the front of the do not-want-to-think-about line.

I'm just in awe of everything.

Anybody know what I mean?

2. Can I have some of what you're smoking? jk yeah all the time dude, you just have to be "real" and not lie to yourself.

3. I'm ashamed to say the person selling me it called it medical but I bought it anyway even though I hate seeing that happen. Plus.. there is no MMJ in iowa.. right?

lol.

But yeah it just seems like I'm just blown away by the reality of everything. No hold's back. Except it's like I go further every time.

I bet half the people reading this are going to start thinking I'm a nut for writing this.

4. Nah man, whenever I smoke I feel like I take a time-machine back to the 90's and just feel a 8 year old again lol everything is just more interesting

5. exactly. It's like when you turned 10 or 11, you just stopped the adventure and just became satisfied. Now you're like.. what the fuck is this mess?

asking deeeeep questions.

6. Or thinking about deep answers

7. I always think about the planet and all this advertising that messes with peoples heads. When i go into town to buy grocries i get really angry when i see all these bright colours, bilboards and sighns everywhere. 12 year old kids dressing like pretty boys, with there skate shoes, skinny jeans and bright tight shirts and there gangsta hats. It is messed up.

I feel unlucky to be born into this age

8. Yeah, but I think deeper than that even. There's way more mind bottling things than the fucked up shit our society produces.

9. I don't think there's anything nutty about what you've said. There's no such thing as too much honesty when contemplating things. Bertrand Russel once said, "When you are studying any matter, or considering any philosophy, ask yourself only "What are the facts, and what is the truth the facts bear out?"

10. When I start 'thinking' it's usually about how much of a challenge it's going to be to really get what I want out of life. Then I get really excited and motivated and think of new ways to better my day to day life, and how I can prepare myself in that present moment to get closer to achieving my goal.

Oh and I relate to what you're saying about just being in awe of everything. I feel like I appreciate so many little things in life that people over look, but I guess I'm different in that I am competitive and get most enjoyment out of 'mastering' something. I'm just totally content with life and happy, and it's hard to understand how there is so much hate in the world.... it's like people care too much about others business, and why they have conflicting ideas/values,etc which breeds hostility.

We have one life to live and experience so much that this world has to discover, why waste it doing what you don't want to do?

11. "I feel like I'm unable to lie to myself when I'm high and just sit around thinking."

what?! why would you want to lie to yourself?

12. Hard to explain. It's like you shield yourself from things you don't want to think about and never go back to. Except when you're high. Maybe not exactly "lying" to your self but.. My 'mental barriers' seem to dissolve when I'm high, alone, and lost in thought.

13. i was born with a broken barrier
    [​IMG]

14. Because you cannot run away from your (TRUE) self...
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0Uqu_9zNZY]Bob Marley - Running Away (Studio Out Take)[/ame]

we all were, but we are all hypnotized from infancy by the culture in which we grow up in... the main task of adult life is DEhypnotization, enlightenment

15. bro i know exactly what you mean. I don't lie to myself at all anymore, it's a pretty awesome place to be. When you stop lying to yourself, you learn the true reasons for things.

16. Once you start thinking about things and practice thinking, learn how to think... you don't need to be afraid of certain topics anymore. If a topic is scaring you, encourage yourself to think about it, what about it scares you, and determine its reality.

All this stuff about aliens right now could be scary, exciting, or neither if you just don't pay attention or hold any belief in it whatsoever. I hold the perspective that its exciting. No matter what happens to me here, I believe two things:

1.) I'm a small fractal surrounded by much larger fractals that do exist and therefore have always existed and will always exist since time is a manifestation.

2.) Whatever happens to my individual consciousness I pass, whether I retain it, but forget my earthly memories and take on a new existence... whether I lose it and my consciousness is absorbed into a larger consciousness... whether I'm able to retain my identity and simply assume a new physical form in a new realm of laws... The middle one is pretty much worst case scenario to me, but it still doesn't bother me. I know I'm not going to burn in a pit of flames for eternity and I know that there's no such thing as nothingness. After that, it's all details.

Scare me all you want. Bring on the aliens. I'll scare 'em back. Rawr. :p

17. I agree, I love the experiences I've had and wouldn't ever want to forget them :|

18. I think I know exactly what you mean. For me, it's like when I look at things when I'm high, I just see through all the bullshit. It's when I'm high that I decide things like, "You know what, I'm not happy here so fuck it I'm leaving" or "Man, I'm not happy, I need to make a fuckin change". When I'm sober I'm just focused on the paycheck, or the immediate reward, but when I'm high, I make decisions for the long run, and they're usually wiser.