Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Breaking Down the Weed

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by QuazyQuinn, Jun 3, 2010.

1. So I'm very new to smoking weed and I had a question as to how best to pack a bowl. The foremost question I need answered is how small should I break my weed down? I don't own a grinder and thus far have just been pulling the weed apart to tiny nugs maybe the size of the tip of my pinky finger. Any information at all would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance guys

2. Not too sure about the whole "how to pack" bit myself, but I grind it to the consistency where it won't get sucked through the hole in my bowl, but still burns nice and even.

3. the smaller the pieces the easier it will burn so just experiment with it for awhile and try new things

4. So to clarify, it should be between ur pinky nail sized nugs and a ground oregano constancy. Any combo between those two sizes should burn well.

5. As small as you can break it down and as tightly as you can pack it in the bowl.

6. just break into very little nugs, but if your rolling a j or a blunt then it has to be finer then usaully, make sure there are no nugs in your j's or blunts.

7. #7 skyhigh0311, Jun 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2010
    Buy a grinder. In the long run it will be the best $10-15 dollar piece of equipment you will own. Second would be a screen, glass or brass it really doesnt matter in my opinion. A Grinder is Consistant and will always grind more till its (Herb) dust. The smaller and more Consistant your bowl is packed the better it will smoke.

8. Don't break it down! Break it up :)

9. Joint/blunt/letc - break down really good untill its powdery
    Bowl - Break it up how ever the f u want, as long as it fits in the bowl your good, personally I like little chunks of bud wile smoking out of my pipe

10. Just buy a glass screen for a few bucks, money well spent.

11. the way i've always been taught to pack a bowl, is to put a little tiny nug at the bottom of your bowl, enough to cover the hole. and then get the weed in as tiny bits as you can and put it on top of that, my boy can grind weed better with his fingers than a grinder.. it's a true feat to see.. but one cool thing about a grinder is that it collects kief which is the tiny shavings of weed.. i have a buddy who has massive amounts of kief in his grinder, and every time he smokes a bowl he packs it like mentioned above and puts a dash of kief on it.. pretty sweeeet..hope this helped.. stay blazed bro

12. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KfxovgzaM8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KfxovgzaM8[/ame]

13. break the weed up as much as you can, but make sure its not too small that its all gonna fall through your piece's hole.

14. http://www.youtube.com/v/6KfxovgzaM8&hl=en_US&fs=1&

15. This.

I lol'd

Get your HTML shit out of here. Post the URL and the URL only, and it will show as an embedded Youtube video. :)

16. Cut it up EVENLY with scissors, that way you can choose to cut if as fine ad you want as long as it's all even and uniform for the most part.
    When you pack a dry piece, use a pplig nug. Basically just place a small piece of a nug at the bottom that's just big enough to cover the hole, check it and make sure it's secure and allows airflow then pack ground bud on top. Don't pack it TOO tight but push it down a little.

17. I guess i dont understand why go through all the work to cut up your weed and use a plug nug. when a screen and a grinder accomplish both of these task with little effort.

18. Likewise ^^

Tear a little ANCHOR NUG (small but enough to cover the hole). Then grind the rest and pack it ontop of the anchor nug. Also cornering the bowl would make it burn better and increase the chances of not sucking the herb through the hole.