Break From Music

Discussion in 'General' started by Kreator, Oct 22, 2012.

1. I have tryed over and over again to find a great band that i really enjoy listening to but it never works out in the end i always end up disliking them and moving on so at this point im giving up the search and just take a break maybe it will help me realize that i actually do like music maybe i will end up disliking music forever i dont know. anybody just stoped liking music?:hide:

2. What bands do you like? (Other than Kreator ;) )

Also which bands have you tried and not got into?

3. Modern music is a scam.

Dipshit artists wanting fame money and bitches and nothing else.

I stick to older music, like from the 30-40's and some 90's stuff.

4. Ignorance is bliss dawg.

New good music is alive and well they just dont play it on the radio anymore.

Try listening to the Hip Hop group Whiskey Blanket.

Theyre a group of white dudes from Colorado that play EVERY instrument you hear lol Guitar, Flute, Chello, Violin, Fiddle they play it all and there DJ is AWESOME!

5. Nah I'm good on new music. It's nearly all terrible.

I go to a lot of small venues in Los Angeles for local shows, they all suck donkey nuts!

Creativity is rare now.

6. Lol i know for a fact i could spit ten groups of the top off my head youve never heard of that're fucking sick.

Only people who think Good Music is dead are the people who never knew truly knew good music in the first place. ;)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWKLuwR_bFw[/ame]

Put out... nine months ago lol

7. well my current library includes but is not limited to The Residents, Benefit, Les Claypool, Slayer, King Crimson, Alexander "Skip" Spence, Bonobo, John Zorn, and Frank Zappa. and i am a fan of oldies 40s 50s era fuckin ive tryed alot of different bands from dubstep like Datsik and cookie monster im over dubstep though, Gorillaz, C.W. Stoneking, Duke Ellinton, Louis Armstrong, Hawkwind, Electric Wizard, almost every heavy metal band ive heard, Bushwick Bill. I could go on but i wont im not picky about genres but i am about the artist

8. [quote name='"SmokingFish"']Nah I'm good on new music. It's nearly all terrible.

I go to a lot of small venues in Los Angeles for local shows, they all suck donkey nuts!

Creativity is rare now.[/quote]

Keep telling yourself that.

9. Listen to nofx, specifically the song separation or church and skate or leaving jesus land. Just listen to their greatest hits album, i think its called the greatest songs ever written (by us).

10. NOFX I was into them and i dont dislike them but i wouldint say im a fan

11. You give up on music you give up on life

12. arguing about musical opinions is like a broken pencil, pointless :cool:

13. I can't imagine "taking a break from music". I live alone..it's quiet without music, too quiet. I would be interested in seeing how my mood and well being is impacted by not listening to music for a few weeks though. I would imagine it would be negative.

14. there are a ton of "new" bands that are very good. problem is, you can't depend on ANY mainstream media to introduce yourself to said bands. instead, you need to do a lot of searching and/or speak with fellow music nerds if you want the good stuff.

I'd post a bunch of songs from "modern" bands I love, but everyone has their own preference in music genres, so it'd be pointless...

15. Ok bro if you like metal listen to the band periphery and corelia holy effin shit man these bands will blow you away. Listen to the bands arcade fire and the black keys. New GOOD music.

16. Oh yea and listen to lupe fiasco especially his album food and liqour

17. Listen to the band Havok OP. Their newest album (Time Is Up) is awwwwsome

18. let me rephrase taking a break from searching for new music i know theres a sound out there for me just havent found it yet

19. personally i woudlnt be able to take a break from listening to music or looking for new music. cant live with it. dont give up keep on searching man

20. you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball :)