Bread Crumbs

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by TheJourney, Oct 6, 2011.

1. In my reality, there are bread crumbs everywhere. They lead me to who I am, and who I have become, which is my highest idea of perfection. We all have them, and in all of our cases they lead us to our own conception of the same place. There is a reason that you are attracted to what you are attracted to, and that desirable feelings are stimulated by various things in your world. These are sign posts. They have a lot to teach you, and they are put there to help you remember. I lost the trail for a while, or at least it was reduced to a vague understanding of some general direction that I was heading. Funny how a simple moment of clarity can bring about the remembrance of who you are, and where you are going. It can be difficult to give an articulation that I am completely comfortable with. Am I speaking to myself through reality? Is reality speaking to me through itself? I would say my highest self is my reality, and that he/me/it is always delivering the message through various outlets, highlighting different aspects of it as it is appropriate. I feel like the things in my world are leaving me very specific messages, and when I read things that I have wrote in the past, I feel a sense of awe in seeing clearly that the messenger that reaches out to me in my reality is the same messenger that has written what I have written, and who I ultimately am; "I," in fact, am the most direct manifestation.

2. The message that said 'bread crumbs' seem to be giving me is "Drugs feel good. Do more drugs."

Sometimes I forget this message and go astray, looking for meaning in financial success, or philosophy or being a 'good person' or in relationships, but once I see the light again I realize that former-me's drug use was really just a message to future-me saying "Hey don't forget to do more drugs" and then, for that split second, everything in the universe makes sense.

3. Higher self, subconscious, god, etc i feel the same as you. I don't know whether I am the source of these things or where they truly come from but something is setting up these sometimes elaborate signs. Most would call these meaningless coincidences or just me noticing it more because i'm thinking about it. But in my experience these signs are worth paying some attention to.

Maybe it is all about relativity, about the relationship between things. When you're in tune with the universe's rhythm it seems to really respond and manifest to what you most relate to or whatever you're thinking about. I think when you really relate to something and build a relationship in your mind and physical world, it's easier for that something to naturally be drawn to you. I think this is what causes these signs or coincidences. These signs always seem to point me in the right direction. Back on the path. I agree it's like a trail of breadcrumbs. Or a lighted path, or the Ariadne's thread out of the labyrinth myth, which Inception was based on. btw I just watched it for the first time yesterday.

One part from the article says, "I like to think of every person's being linked to God from the morning of birth to the night of his death by an invisible thread, a thread which is unique for each one of us, a thread which can never be broken. Never broken or taken away, but a thread which can easily slip from our grasp and, search for it as we may, elude us. . . . To be on our thread is in Jungian language to be in touch with the Self."

Why Myths Still Matter (Part Four): Facing Your Inner Minotaur and Following Your Ariadnean Thread | Psychology Today

4. It is difficult to explain the specifics behind things, because as you say, in the case of external events others will generally explain it as a coincidence, and in the case of internal understandings it is difficult to properly convey the significance behind things, and so it sounds like I am making something small into something significant on my own.

And I agree about the relativity. Objects only exist in relation to the subject. They, therefore, exist in relation to the subject, which is defined through the point of focus. As we focus, the external reality is formulated in relation to that focus. The more "in tune" we are, the more apparent this becomes.

5. #5 kush888, Oct 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2011

Well put. I also call this focus your perspective or your perception in that moment. Perception is all reality is. You are your perceptions.

6. #6 TheJourney, Jan 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2012
    I like this thread! Bout to put it on my blog :)

journeyofclay318

And added this to the end of my almost quote of the above post, but it won't let me edit the post. I also think I have something edited on the blog post. Idk. You can check out my blog, if you want. I post on it most days. I'd appreciate it! :)

Anyways...

This is because we are more at one with our reality, and therefore realities expression is a more clear and direct representation of you.