Brb

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Runningw235, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Going to go vote.

I hope you all do the same.

2. I'm considering it. I might make this the first election since turning of age that I don't vote for anything or anyone.

3. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igbBItLemsM]True News 5: The Truth About Voting - YouTube[/ame]

4. i voted. my vote counted. That's the real truth about voting. You don't need to watch a bullshit youtube video, you need to go to your polling place and cast your vote.

5. My son and I voted Thursday...my wife voted Sat.....other son and his wife vote today.....

6. I did about a week ago .

7. Yeah yeah....we know.

If my choices are vote or do nothing, ill vote.

Not voting isnt much of a protest...

8. Your state representatives pick the president. Sorry.

9. Lol, single most stupid system in the world.

10. Not voting is very much a protest. The state relies on majority consent, it's an absolute necessity. Therefore not voting, which is withdrawal of consent, is the ultimate act of protest.

11. That made me lol.

12. Im not hardcore enough for that.

13. I voted a few hours ago. I live in IL, so it's nice to know that thanks to the electoral college my presidential vote isn't worth shit. There isn't a chance in hell that Obama wont win IL..... last time in parts of Chicago Obama received over 100 percent of the vote... lol gotta love corrupt Chicago politics.

I voted basically just for the local elections and to give Gary Johnson some love.

14. #17 chiefton8, Nov 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2012
    You've spent thousands of hours and posts here on GC endlessly convincing the world of the values of freedom, capitalism and libertarianism, and the one moment you actually get to exercise the one inalienable right to send a message to the political world and to set an example and put those ideas into action and let your voice be heard, you do nothing and advocate everyone alike do the same so that they too will never be heard. lol. Protest fail.

I don't always agree with what you say on these forums, but not voting is a horrible attempt to protest the system. Tell that to all the citizens of the countries in the world that have no right to vote and live in dictatorships orders of magnitude worse than anything you see here in the US.

Just my opinion, but a vote for Gary Johnson (or write-in for RP) would be more of an active protest to the current system than, well, doing absolutely nothing.

15. I put my johnson(vote for) in that box....

16. I don't advocate not voting. I don't advocate anything when it comes to voting and political action, people should do whatever they feel is best. It's just highly overrated imo. I'm an anarchist, so to abstain from participating in a system that I don't think should exist is perfectly logical and consistent. I've said many times that I don't believe anything will change until the statist system is exposed as an utter failure. We aren't there yet. I place very little value on political action, and democracy is a horrible political system. My stances on all these things has never changed. A collapse will have to occur before any real change can be made imo. Romney or Obama will win this, that's just reality. I don't care about "sending a message" to anyone in the political world. I want the political world gone, so again, not participating reflects that. If you believe voting is so important, by all means, go exercise your "inalienable right".

17. Johnson is at 4.5% sources claim. Vote!

Fuck the fact that representatives vote, we know Obamney wins, gotta get libertarians the funding.