Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Brass or Steel screens?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by The Dooge, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Which one would be better? I can't seem to find anything about the toxicity when smoking from either, just lookin for a smart person out there who might know which one is safer.

2. I am fairly new with screens. But I have some brass screens that came with my items from GrassCity, but I also ordered some steel screens from Amazon... I much prefer the steel screens. The brass screens last between 1-3 bowls for me. But the steel screens last longer.

I would go with steel.

3. Brass- Cheap and lower quality
    Steel- More expensive and higher quality

With steel screens you can torch the hell out of them to get the scum off, but its really all about getting what you pay for.

4. go with glass. always go with glass.

5. Steel screens. Supposedly brass can scrape off and you can inhale flakes with high lighter temperatures. And unlike tobacco, high temps are good for hash, and I smoke a lot of that.

Stay away from the health risk, even with tobacco. You might be more pleased with the way steel bends and is more durable as well.

6. I avoid screens and just clean my peices regularly. It's a fun part of the hobby washing it all away with high proof alcohol. Some people clean their vaporizer whips and bongs with iso after it has built up a -lot- of resin to harvest the THC, too.

7. steel!!

8. how can shaking a piece for an hour with alcohol and salt be fun?

now where im from, getting together and scraping resin is a ritual when everyones dry, and its fun as hell

9. I only use steel.

Don't mean to hi-jack the thread, but someone mentioned glass. I've seen them in headshops but never used them. Anyone else want to comment on glass' performance?

10. Im not sure if a glass screen would work for my piece cause it's just a little spoon and im sick of suckin ash.

11. Neither, get some glass screens. You can get them cheap in ebay or Etsy, grasscity might sell them to not sure. Dont spend much time or effort on screens after you have been token for a while you will drop them all together resign is the best screen of all!