Brass or Stainless Steel Screens

Discussion in 'General' started by akp2369, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Which ones are better? There may be none but just curious.

2. Stainless if you can find them easy. They last longer. But Brass is the easy one to find, and its like .99 cent for 10.

3. to be honest, as far as taste goes, i would look for a glass screen. maybe not as durable as a metal screen, but not lacking by much.

4. I'm told if you use the brass ones (How do you know they're brass?) enough you'll eventually burn a hole in them, but I've never had it happen.

P.S. You can buy glass screens.

5. They're very easy to find. I'm always given the choice of stainless or brass wheverever i go or they just give me stainless.

What is a glass screen?

6. glass screen is what it sounds like. it looks like a lump of glass but serves the same purpose as a metal one (keeps weed from falling through). however, metal adds a funny taste to smoke when heated, whereas glass lets you taste only the weed. for a pic of glass screens click here: http://www.cheebashop.com/pics/P1010487.JPG

7. Name a 7-11 that has glass screens though.

8. Well, glass screens are where it's at.

But; I've only ever seen Steel screens once, maybe twice, but I'm sure they'd be "better" than brass. Perhaps just a bit more durable, or last a bit longer.

On a toke-to-toke basis, I don't think you'd notice a difference in quality...

Edit; The picture in the post above are the exact type of glass screen I use, however, I also like the Jax style, and they do make quite a few different shapes/sizes for glass screens.

Also, unfortunately, a glass screen will not do you much good for most metal pipes. Most aren't even big enough...

9. You can burn holes in both, I used a steel gauze for a prolonged period (over a year I believe?) in a little pipe I have and it eventually just crumbled.

10. in texas or at least in my area, there are no 7-11s but i cant name any convenience store here that sells any kind of screen at all. thats why i go to a smokeshop. or a headshop. whatever. but its worth it in the eyes of a true connoisseur.

11. IDK man it just look like it cost more than 99 cents, and it does the same thing.

12. i own all glass pipes, so a glass screen seemed a must. i cant speak for a metal pipe, as i have never owned one. the one time i took a hit out of a metal piece, it didnt have a screen at all, but a metal pipe kinda negates any taste gained through a glass screen anyways, so...

13. thats true. does the exact same thing, but for me it was a question of quality, and the original post asked what was better, so i put what, to me, is the best. you get what you pay for i guess, but there no burning holes in a glass screen, so you really only need one.

14. My buddy had one. While me and her friend were smoking in her bathroom (She was sick, people were over) we got all high and smacked the bowl ash into the toilet. By by glass screen lol.

I just can barely keep from loosing my bowl, let alone a tiny flower of glass.

15. You can burn holes in both.
    I only buy stainless, and I burn holes in them all the time. I guess it's because I smoke so much though:smoke:

16. ok, by all means go for metal. but if u ever see me for real and offer to smoke a bowl, imma use glass ok? its all good tho. and next time, tell your friend to blow across the lip of the bowl (like if you were tryin to make a bottle make noise) to get all the ash out. if theres any black left, or a cherry, you havent cashed it yet. cashed is when ALL the contents of the bowl consist of white ash.

17. Thank You very much for recomending to get a glass screen. I went and got 2. It's the best thing I've ever experianced.

18. glass screens save the day!

19. cool, glad i could help.:smoke:

20. I did not know that also thank you very much. I learn way more when I'm high.