Brand New to Vaping

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by TheBane, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Heya, folks. Just purchased an Arizer Extreme Q, my very first vaporizer. Like others before me, I'm currently experiencing a "learning curve" to get used to the high. I like Vaping so far, and from what I've read it'll only get better.My fiancé, on the other hand, isn't so thrilled with the experience. She says she's not getting high at all, and often resorts to grabbing the bong instead. She really wants to make the switch, and I'm wondering if there are some "general rules of thumb" that maybe I'm missing out on? We started out on 200 C, but neither of us really felt anything. Eventually, we worked our way up to 230, where I felt a good high and she finally started to feel a head change.Should I have started at lower temperature? Does the rate at which we inhale change the high? We don't have any kind of scale, so I'm just guessing as to the amount of medicine I put in. Any suggestions?Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Hi!  I've only used an Extreme Q probably a dozen times, so I'm not an expert on that particular vape.  However, 230ËšC should be more than high enough of a temperature for vaping, 200ËšC should work fine for lower temp vaping.

For me, the high for vaping is different than smoking, its more of a head high, and it takes a bit longer to hit you than say a huge bong rip.  I'd suggest taking long, SLOW hits, and try holding the vapor in for a long time, breathing in a bit of extra air after you finish taking your hit before exhaling.  If you pull too quickly, you might be moving too much air over the heating element and causing the temperature to decrease too much as the cold air moves over it.  This doesn't apply tho if you are using bags.

Additionally, you should make sure you are letting the vape heat up enough before trying to vape from it.  Id try waiting 5-10 minutes, but if that doesnt seem to work, wait a full 20 minutes and see.  Sometimes it just takes a while to heat up, tho in my experience the Extreme Q shoudln't need more than 10 minutes.  You can pack the bowl after the vape heats up if you are worried about vapors escaping.

Hope this helps, enjoy!

3. Did it come with an extra glass elbow? You could try connecting the whip to your bong an take a huge bong rip of vaporI have an Arizer V-tower... I think it has the same parts as the extreme q... But the Q also has way more features ... Anyway this will make way more sense in a pic ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1390966323.803996.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1390966350.786076.jpg

4. [quote name="CaptainP" post="19426298" timestamp="1390966371"]Did it come with an extra glass elbow? You could try connecting the whip to your bong an take a huge bong rip of vaporI have an Arizer V-tower... I think it has the same parts as the extreme q... But the Q also has way more features ... Anyway this will make way more sense in a pic [​IMG] ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1390966323.803996.jpg[​IMG] ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1390966350.786076.jpg[/quote]This way.. You can fill the bong up with thick visible vapor and take a huge hit.... I start my v-tower on 400f and raise temp as vapor production slows... That temp might sound high to some but I'm not sure exacty what temp the display is showing... But I doubt it's the exact temp of the air hitting ur herb... Sooo experiment with it .Good luck :)

5. We began messing with the temps a bit, and we came into a routine of doing 210-220-230. This first bag knocks me on my ass, and by the time we get to the third, she's pretty well toasted, too.I sent her a pic of the bong/vape setup, and she seems pretty intrigued. Thanks for the tips, blades! The advice really, really helped!Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum