Brand new to this...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Elliot Plur, Jun 23, 2012.

1. I'm new to the weed business. I've smoked a few times with buddies at a party or two and I wanted to start growing...
    I've been looking into buying seeds, and I think White Widow is the best strain you can get online...I think...Correct me if I'm wrong.

But anyways, I was wondering if anybody had some tips or pointers to give me as far as starting out, harvesting techniques, drying methods, etc.

I'd also like a good, TRUSTED site for seeds.

Any help on this would be vastly appreciated.

2. The search button is your bestfriend.

3. Do one hour of research and you'll have all that answered.

Use the stickies in the threads, they are perfect for helping people.

4. I can shake it for u when u are done if u want

5. [quote name='"Elliot Plur"']I'm new to the weed business. I've smoked a few times with buddies at a party or two and I wanted to start growing...
    I've been looking into buying seeds, and I think White Widow is the best strain you can get online...I think...Correct me if I'm wrong.

But anyways, I was wondering if anybody had some tips or pointers to give me as far as starting out, harvesting techniques, drying methods, etc.

I'd also like a good, TRUSTED site for seeds.

Any help on this would be vastly appreciated.[/quote]

I wouldn't call white widow the best. There are a lot of really great strains and I'm not sure I would grow a sativa to start with. White widow is a sativa. Indica strains are easier for beginners, and flower faster so you will have buds in your hands quicker. But it's all up to you what strain you want to grow. Attitude is a good seedbank. Always reliable and they usually give free seeds with each order.

Don't even stress about harvesting until you have the growing part going well. It's a lot to learn so one step at a time. Just focus on learning about different strains to start. Do you even know what you like? Do you like skunky, fruity, piny, spicy, etc. do you like an up jittery high or sleepy hungry high?

6. Get a notebook. Read everything you can get your hands on - the forums here, but a book or three (there's a good forum thread on here with book reviews). Take notes. Learn how to use the search features. Don't tell anybody what you're doing.
    Decide where you are going to grow - the space you have determines what kind of equipment you can use. Lights are usually your biggest investment & the biggest decision to make - CFL, LED, T5 fluorescents, HID). This must be selected to fit into your space. Don't tell anybody what you're doing.
    Decide how you will handle heat and odor - a single plant can stink up your house without good odor control. Even peeps who do microgrows in a PC chassis fashion some type of home made carbon filter & fan for odor. Don't tell anybody what you're doing.
    Design your grow area on paper. Smoke some and think about it some more. Buy the stuff and assemble it. Then buy your seeds.
    And don't tell anybody what you're doing.
    Many first time growers use bag seed for their first grow, I think that's a good idea. If you're lucky enough to find a few beans in a good bag of sensimilla, use those. If there are only a few, they will almost always be feminized. They might have a hermie trait but usually this is not bad enough to ruin a first crop, plus it teaches you how to spot hermies in the future (maybe).
    Keep reading. Take more notes. Don't tell anybody what you're doing.

Seed banks - everyone loves Attitude.
    Nirvana is known for good selection, cheap prices & good customer service. But many of their strains are not as stable as others (IMHO & experience). Still a good choice.
    Herbies Headshop & High Grade Seeds are frequently spoken of kindly and fondly.
    Smoke some more. Think about it, plan it, do it.
    Once you're underway, if you post a clear & concise question on here, you'll get many great answers, and some bullshit. You have to put it onto yourself to learn the difference.
    Oh, did I mention, Don't tell anybody what you're doing.

Bestaluck to ya.