Brand new to this, need help and advice

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jry513, Apr 7, 2010.

1. wats up everybody, brand new to the site and been thinking about starting, a simple, small grow to get my feet. ive done some research on seeds but i was just curious to wat yall that about seeds, and everything else involved to someone who has no experience watsoever.....appreciate it.

stay stoned:bongin:

2. There is tons of different seeds to get. What did you have in mind? Better yet what grow space to you have to work with?

3. im thinking of an indica dominant plant, and id rather have more of an orange/citrus taste simply cuz i prefer the high from those compared, to the darker purps....i will be growing in your typical small closet...about 3 feet wide by 3 feet deep and 10 feet tall...thanks again in advance

stay stoned:bongin:

4. come on guys any strains that youve had good success with? i could really use some opinions

5. i like northern lights, very hardy for us rookies! great smoke also. or practice on a bagseed grow. lots cheaper when things go bad.

6. Northern Lights in an amazing strain that im sure you will love, and it's great for beginners. I would also recommend an an Afghan, Lemon Skunk, and Train Wreck. Those are some nice ones as well.

7. Good idea to cut your teeth on bagseed, if you have any. Nothing wrong with bagseed, it's just unidentified but that doesn't mean it isn't a good strain to grow. Most newbies make big mistakes on their first grow -- excuse me, I mean, most newbies experience learning opportunities on their first grow -- and you may not want to spend money on genetics for that.

If you do want genetics I also recommend NL -- it's potent, hardy, takes well to training, grows low, and some phenotypes are low odor.

As for all the other info about growing, you have a lot of reading ahead of you. Check the sticky threads at the top of this forum, self-educate for your base level of knowledge like all good growers do. You'll get flamed if you come on here asking an incredibly basic question that we know you could have found with a simple search, better to read up first, get a base knowledge, then ask us more specific questions.

G'luck.

8. once again....... toasty to the rescue with another G.C. "Hall of Fame" answer.:bongin: