Brand new to growing, and need help getting started.

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by sodope28, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Hello, let me present myself i am not new to the cannabis culture but surley to growing. Being a full time student is hard and being able to enjoy weed with its heavy cost is also hard. Theirfore here i am, first of all stealth is a very big issue. I want to build a grow box in my closet. For the box to fit nicely it will need to be; Width: 24" Height: 48" and depth: 18 ".

I was looking up some small 70w scrog grow which would take about Width 24 ,Height 36 ,Depth 18, and was woundering how to set the box up with fans and so on. While i would like a vegging box which can be width 24 height 12 or 24 and depth 18.
    I have no clue how to set this up and if it is even possible. thanks for your help

2. #2 sodope28, Mar 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2012
    ok well for now i will have a 2" width 1.5" deep 3" high scrog chamber. I will use 2 70w lights for 2 plants that will be growing in the chamber, i will put up a picture later of my design pplease give me tips because i want to start and build tommorow. The lights will be adjustable.
    i also want a veg chamber which will be the same dimensions but is it possible to only have it 1 feet tall? and i would need 2 cfl 6500k lights for a couple of plants also with a carbon filter and 2 squerll fans, is that about right?
    Thanks for the help

3. The computer fan isnt taking air outside and blowing it in is it? Its just bowing across the plants?

4. how would i set that up to just blow at the plants??. i am very new at this but motivated, just boight the wood and small wheels to move this thing around today. planning on building the box tommorow

5. Yeah since you have those holes at the bottom, the only reason youd have those is for air to come in which is a passive intake system as your exhaust is doing all the work. Youd just hang or somehow attach (your own DiY skills) the computer fans like an inch off the wall and just facing your plants blowing across them. It will strengthen your stems and prevent mold from forming.

6. thanks and just in time befor i start building. i was also going out to buy some mylar to cover the walls and frame. is this good or i should use a matereal that doesnt reflect light?? also what lighting can i use? i was told for two adjustable 70w 2700k for the scrog flowring room, while the veg chamber will have 3 cfl of 23w 6000k running 24/7.

7. Hi,

You can use mylar, I went for diamond mylar it seems to work well and dissipates heat so no hot spots and is fire retardant. Don't use emergency blankets as some people advise as they are shit, I tried and got rid of them. If you are building a box you could just paint the inside white.

Lighting sounds ok wattage wise, although I think 6500K lights for vegging are supposedly better, however don't take my word fo it I am no expert.

Good luck

8. [quote name='"Messor"']Hi,

You can use mylar, I went for diamond mylar it seems to work well and dissipates heat so no hot spots and is fire retardant. Don't use emergency blankets as some people advise as they are shit, I tried and got rid of them. If you are building a box you could just paint the inside white.

Lighting sounds ok wattage wise, although I think 6500K lights for vegging are supposedly better, however don't take my word fo it I am no expert.

Good luck[/quote]

6000k is fine for veg.

9. alright thanks for the help, now comes the next two problems. as i said i am new and have search on the internet but no results on how to clone and also keep a mother. which is the first and the second are two 70w 2700 HPS lights enough for two small plants

10. just finished the frame. today setting out for the mylar and the pvc for the air holes. im still woundering how to attach the door. and if my lighting will be okay