BRAND New, need help!!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by iLL WiLL, Aug 8, 2009.

1. I have looked all over these forums and everything is like a foreign language to me! lol, Im a super noob at gardening, everything to this. So far ive got this as my shopping list,

150 watt - High Tech Garden Supply

Mylar

I would like to get the FoxFarms Ocean Forest, but i dont know how much

Nutes? Is that fertilizer? If so how much and what.

Fans? Vents? How many?

pH? How and what?

I would like to grow some AF Lowryder #2, bc its smaller and i wont have much space to grow.

All the help i could get would be much appreciated. I need a MENTOR BADLY!!

2. The FIRST thing you need to do is read all the stickies!!! You should take notes. Probably shouldn't start your first grow until you have read and re-read them! Then you'll still have some questions and better understanding of the bigger picture, and what your goals are.
    I know this sounds like a put off, it's not. It's just the way that it works. If you check a bunch of the threads you will see what I mean.
    Good luck, you've come to the right place!:D:wave:

3. how many plants are you trying to grow? and thats Rubbish, stickies do help alot but they wont answer all your questions plus who wants to read for 6 hours

ok check it..

Your lighting is fine im guesing hps? (high Pressure sodium)?
    you defintly need a fan maybe even two depending on the size of your grow room, As for nutes evry plant needs them.. 10-10-10 wud be perfect for now then for flowering you want
    something a little higher in the middle number. a perfect ph in soil is about 6.3-ish
    I have a thread about bottled water.. and poland spring seems to be working just fine.
    if not you can purchase a ph system it regulates the ph levels in your soil..or water. and a vent is probably much needed

4. Yea i have been reading the stickies but i just need someone to put everything in lamen terms for me.

Im only going to be growing 1 plant at a time, maybe 2 bc i dont have much space and i only would like to spend money on one light source. The light source i want is HPS.

Now nutes, can you explain what they are and how they are used? Is it a solution you mix with water or just a solution you put on the plant itself? I looked to try to figure out what that was but i couldnt find anything on it.

A pH system? How much do those run and do you recommend anywhere to buy them from?

I really do appreciate your help mike!!

5. Magnikahn, i have been reading alot of the stickies the past few days and quite a bit a lurking (lol, the journals are awesome). But everything still seems so foreign to me. I just need someone to explain to me everything in lamen terms and i will get everything down pat! Thanks for your help i appreciate it and im glad to be here at GC!!

6. ok nutes come in all difrent shapes,sizes and packages. ther is liquids.. that you mix with water. ther are spikes that you stick in the soil and other types what ever is easeier for you with the best analysis

7. #7 MagniKhan, Aug 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2009

First brassmike ...whatever.:rolleyes:

Hey iLL Will Welcome!! This post here is real useful for decoding the lingo. It's hard to know how to figure all this out. It's just hard to say that this light or that light is right without knowing what your situation is ie , are you growing in a closet, a room or a tent? Is this a stealth grow? etc. If your "small space" is 2x2 that would be just fine, if it is 6x6 then that won't be big enough... and so on.

8. This kind of stuck with me last night. coppermike why would you call my advice ( and well the advice of most of the respected growers around here) "Rubbish". What do you base that opinion on? All of your years of growing right? Saying something like that disrespects me (as well as the growers that spend there time here learning and helping other to)and most of all the new poster looking for advice.
    If he takes your advice he will short change himself, and most likely end up with a bad grow. That means time and money down the drain! Not to mention a whole lot of frustration and disappointment.

Once again, iLL WILL, my advice was not a blow off, it just how it has shown to work in the past. From this post I can see your on the right path...

Doing this will make you more informed so you can include the right info and in turn ask the right questions.;):D

P.S. I'm not, nor have I clamed to be an expert, I've just been reading ALOT here and have made some good progress.People like lessismore,jcj77d and darookie200 ( and many more) have shown a light on the path,I'm just trying to follow.:wave: