Brand New MJ Grow(er) Tips & Advice Wanted

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TrippyWigger, Jun 21, 2017.

1. I don't know if it has been brought up yet but there are 2 diff light types you will use. First is the seedling/Veg stage. and the light you want to use is 6500K. Second is the Flower stage and you want to use 2700K

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  2. If your using FF nutes which you should of bought the trio the pints are about $25-$30 for all three. you won't need the ph down if anything you need Ph up because Foxfarm nutrients lowers the pH. So pH up is what you need but it still good to have both. Your going to need more light in the future. I don't know your budget, but they have a few sales on led panel's on Amazon like a 300 Galaxy Hydro or vipersectra will be worth it if your budget permits there about $75, but you will get a better yield than using Cfls unless you buy a lot of them. That lamp will pop your seeds but more light will be required and an inline carbon filter if using a tent.
    Good Luck

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  3. #24 Shifte83, Jun 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
    The last post I didn't even hit reply I was on the phone at the same time lol

1x 600 HPS lamp
    4x pots 10 litre pot.
    1x growing medium (soil)
    3x nutes
    1 x grow tent ( or make your own)
    1 x exhaust fan
    2x desk fans....

Bla bla - lots man... that would cost like $600-700

4. I appreciate all of the posts, I will still be growing but not with anything that actually will cost money so I can save. I am going to see how it goes and when I start I'll start a grow journal. Thanks guys :)

5. If you wish, you can modify those LED bulbs and remove the diffuser globes to get more focused light like this:
    The 2nd photo is a floating DIY thing that I made for side lighting using the modded bulbs, for my last grow..Worked out just fine!
    Led conversion.jpg light.jpg .

• Like Like x 2
  6. You should never go by the equivalent wattages. Go by the true watts. You're going to need some more light for sure.

7. You can order hanging sockets. Check them out on amazon. Once you get the hanging sockets then you simply put a y splitter into them and you now have 2 sockets.

8. These you could plug right into an extension cord or surge protector and then screw the splitters right in. Buzzer is using them it looks like?[​IMG][​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. If you got 70 bucks a week of save for a month and buy a decent light. You already got everything else pretty much.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3