Brand new looking for constructive input

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by TuskofGanesh, May 17, 2011.

1. First off hello everyone this will be my first ever post on the forum. I see a lot of good people here so I come in need of some advice. I am three weeks into a bag seed grow (getting my feet wet) I have 4 23w (125 w) cfls with a 4ft t-5 and a 90 w ufo light. I'm using roots organics soil. I'm posting pics with the post any pointers would be greatly appreciated .
    once again hello all:hello:

Attached Files:

2. well because i too just posted for the first time ill pop your thread reply cheery.... lol no homo! dude they look good for the cfls just wondering is it daylight or soft white? im sure you read the veg 5000k & flower 2700k.. I too am CFLing this with that low light bill an strickly personal bag seed. I have mix right now of 4 100w (5000k) daylight an 2 100w (27w) soft white. during flower mode i plan on using mostly daylight for side light. Im using all NO NO products just (MG) with the shity gold balls lol this shit already had a 21-7-14 in it WTF? and fert bloom booster 15-30-15.. im wanting to LST my ass off bc frankly IDGF... But my prob is here http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-m...need-help-anyone-sex-identification-type.html

jw what are you using for nuits? is this your first grow?

3. well ty for the reply. im using ho florescent. the cfls are warm white. no nutes yet as the soil is an organic compost and i felt like that would overdo it at this point. I have some flowering and vegging nutes. the veg is pure blend botanicare 3-2-4 organic and the other is pure blend pro bloom 1-4-5 organic. and yes this is my first grow. my primary concern is the lighting and any tips on setup with what ive got. ill check out your thread. :)

4. lookin good pots are pretty small though they def need potted up the ufo looks pretty high to from what i've read they need to be pretty close because they don't penetrate the canopy and the aluminum foil should go the light reflection is very low with that you would be better off painting flat white

5. #5 TheBanjo, May 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2011
    i agree with haschish closer the better with the clfs you could almost touch them? everyone and there dog says you can touch them but when you got them going 24/0 for weeks they get hot bc of energy common sense, idk like i burnt myself an shit lol. think about a plant? you have the set up i originally wanted dude with the t-5 but im limited for many reasons other than EVERYONE els...

=

6. Half of those were trial runs anyway im keeping six to veg and flower. The ones in the six inch squares. Should I sex them first? My thought is that the six smaller pots wouldn't be adequete for sexing because it'll take up too much space for what I've got

7. #7 TuskofGanesh, May 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2011
    So I narrowed my flock down to the big pots as I have no room for 12 plants. I've got the ufo the t-5 and two 105 w
    (500 w) bulbs coming. Think that is sufficient for flowering?
    Total plant count is six. Btw the t5 is 400w ho also when is a good time to try to sex the plants?

8. they will show sex whenever you start 12/12 1 to 2 week in males will show before females