Brand new Grinder... Stuck shut!

Discussion in 'General' started by Shanx420, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Hey guys, I need some help. Just bought this grinder (http://www.grasscity.com/4-part-grassleaf-space-polinator-magnetic-lid.html) and after opening the top once and closing it I can now no longer open the top. Every other part opens and closes fine. In fact the rest open so easily that when I try to open the top, the other ones open instead. I can't get a strong enough grip on the top to open it.

I don't know what the fuck to do in this situation, but I paid 50 bucks for this fucking thing and if I can't open the fucking top then GC better find a way to reimburse me.

If anyone has any help to offer then PLEASE do. I feel like it'll take the jaws of life to open this thing though.

I don't even know what happened. I closed it and went to see how it grinds, and it just got stuck. It just stopped moving and now it won't budge. I'm fucking pissed right now!:mad:

2. Bump...

At the very least a mod better post. I need to know who I need to talk to about getting a refund or something.

3. Well i dunno, maybe? I took it off, put it back on and twisted both ways (as you do with every other grinder I've used). It then just got stuck.

If i did cross-thread it, what does that mean? Did I just completely fuck it up?

4. um the top is not threaded....is it?

5. Yeah I tihnk it is... I've never seen a grinder with a threaded top. I was actually wondering how you're supposed to grind with a threaded top anyway.

6. That was kinda rhetorical.

7. K got the top off... It's not threaded, it just doesn't turn well at all and gets stuck very quickly. So.. Still got a problem there, but at least I can open it (with some effort).

8. Your just dumb, lol. You can get those same grinders on eBay for like $12.00, usually with a free gift/ as a free gift.

9. Take a tissue, spray some WD-40 on it (or some baby oil) and rub it around the top on the places it gets stuck (where it meets the next piece of the grinder). Be careful not to get it anywhere else, though.

These things happen, and they're easy enough to resolve if you just use your head.

10. #11 Shanx420, Sep 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2009
    I don't get it, there are like these little tiny ridges on the metal where the top meets the grinder and that's clearly causing it to get stuck. Once I put the top on and try turning, it squeaks and shit and then gets stuck. It's like the top wasn't meant to go on the grinder. It's weird and it's pissing me off

It's kind of ironic that there's a magnet in this thing at all. This thing certainly would have no trouble staying attached to the rest of the grinder with or without a magnet.