Brand New Ghost Glass 19.5 Bong

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by NYC Smoker, Feb 4, 2014.

1. HVY has some dope pieces under the 150 mark. I'd definitely recommend looking into them if you're in the market for a reasonably priced piece.

I've had my HVY beaker for 5+ years. She's outlasted several sister pieces and a few slides. :smoking:

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. That's a sweet ass looking bong, Chinese or not.

3. #23 mogwi411, Feb 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2014
    LOL, From the title I thought this was glass by the artist Ghost.

This is a brandon martin X ghost piece, predabor at hpg...so if you have 8k burning a hole in your pocket, hit up HPG for this one lol.
    [​IMG]

The armor on the hands on this thing...SO SICK, super clean

4. why the hate on the bong, even if it is china made that thing probably hits just as good if not better than most pieces at around that price made in murica' plus with that overkill percolation the name is fitting.

China glass could never hit better than murican glass but people can buy what they want.

6. Honestly some China glass pieces can hit pretty good, but it should have been cheaper than that

7. #27 DorianOmega, Feb 7, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
    I've hit Chinese knockoff glass that was better then the actual product it was a knock off of.
    Glass isnt a special material requiring the most advanced instruments to make like a car or airplane with aluminum and titanium, as long as the glass is made with legit boron really the only difference between American made and Chinese made is small details like crooked percs or joints.

8. Less a difference in American made vs chinese made and more a difference in grade of glass used.  Good american brands will use pyrex.

I don't even think the term "Chinese glass" even has to be made in china to be considered as such....who the heck knows exactly where this stuff is made, maybe thailand, vietnam, malaysia etc.  It's kind of a generic term for low grade glass waterpipes mass produced.

One big difference to me is the durability of the glass.  Cheap low grade glass cannot handle changes in temps and they shatter easily if they get knocked around, you could probably club someone to death with a 7mm german roor before it cracks.

9. Thats why i mentioned good old boron ;)

10. There are different grades of borosilicate glass.  Kimax is not the same as pyrex, I use both in the lab regularly, kimax is always breaking when you have to heat it up.  Pyrex...never broke one except for 1 that had a flaw and I autoclaved it...but that's high high temps and high pressure.

11. Uhh, why does everyone assume this is shit? Ghost glass is pyrex and 5mm thickness. It's not 7mm of a roor/hoss/redeyetek/frost/ etc  or something, but it's actually the cheapest 5mm glass you can get, It;s cheap because its just easy cut finger percs and straight designs, easy to work... or you can generally hate

12. ^^^ everyone assumes its shit because it has 4 tree perc and was clearly imported from asia. The tubing they start out with for the main tube starts out 5mm but you better believe its thinner around that beaker base. Not all roors are 7mm and I think those other brands you mentioned are Asian imports as well.

Its cheap because its made with sweatshop labor and low quality materials.

I'll generally hate and I'll specifically hate, thanks.

Sent from my MB886 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. #33 Sublime nugs, Mar 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2014
    If your going to talk shit on somebody's piece for being Chinese, don't make your example of quality HVY glass..... You look like a fool.

14. Elaborate please. I think I've seen a lot of people mention HVY as quality american glass, mind setting us straight:)?

Best regards
    k

15. #35 DingusTaargus, Feb 6, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2016
    xxOgkushxx,

ever think maybe you're just filling it too much or you just don't know wtf you're doing? Because plenty of people, myself included manage to use these ash catchers without ever getting our bud wet....

Really, some people are just imbeciles and talk completely out of their ass...

EDIT: just realized he was banned by mods.. SURPRISE SURPRISE...

and "InstaBlaze".. You sound pretty ignorant as well.. What makes the glass they use any different than the glass american glass blowers use? Do you know the glass is different or are you just assuming.... Another Baseless statements with no source to back it up, big surprise....
    And for the price, the difference between a RooR or a decent chinese bong is really not THAT much better to justify such an absurd increase in price.. but to each their own... I am sure it is very possible the RooR may very well be made of better glass with greater craftsmanship put into it... But you have not really supplied anything to back up anything you are saying. And just because there are better bongs out there doesn't mean this bong is "shit"....

Some people don't have $300 to spend on a 14" roor with percs, and these $70 Chinese bongs are more than adequate for the intended use.

And not "everybody" assumes it's shit.. Only morons like you ASSUME it is shit... Key word ASSUME, because you have probably never even used one, let alone have any source for the nonsense you're spitting. You're really just an idiot completely talking out of your ass... And these Chinese bongs generally get fantastic reviews... So you're really just reaching for anything to hate at this point, pretty pathetic.

And really "sweat shops"? Where do you get your information exactly? Not everything made in china is made in sweat shops... Damn, the ignorance is strong with this one. Damn, you're dumb.

But you know what is made in sweat shops? Every piece of computerized technology you own, I guess it's all "SHIT" because it's made in sweat shops, right?

Your TV? Shit.. Your computer? Shit. Your Cellphone? Shit... A good portion of your car? Shit.... need I go on?

16. Hey if it works it works.

Looks good and buy from them ever now and then, but not since the cad dollar went to shitshit.

And the ac I've had problems withwith it floodingflooding too. But unfortunately the ac didn't make hour 1 since it fell off the table