Brand new digital painting

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by Corn-dog, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Brand new speed painting and 1 i've been workin on for a couple days

my speed painting:
    [​IMG]

and a preview still not finished yet but i figured i give u a sneak peak.
    [​IMG]

i've got something in the works a litlle bit more towards what this forum is about so keep an eye out.

2. Looks crazy man.

The first one is my favourate.

How is it done ?

3. there done using photoshop and wacom tablet. You can check out my other work at http://www.corndizzle.deviantart.com

The first one is speed paint, its all starts with a concept in my head then i usually do a quick 5 min sketch just to decide how im going to depict the scene some times there many sketches sometimes just 1 that evolves into the painting. But the first 1 inparticular is showcasing off the power of photoshop, although there is just 1 filter used so its not like a cheat or anything its just a nice effect to create the instant water feel, i believe the filter is ripple, i use a combo of this and smudge to create the water layer. But it just started out as some blue green and light blue. I then smudged blended and worked the colors, then finished it off with a slight blur and the ripple filter, drew some people for scale.

Theres more then just paint this here paint this there, lots of color theory, perspective, fore/middle/background, scale, lighting, atmopheric distortions, etc. But in a speed paint i don't really follow all the roles at the start, but only because i have practiced my perspective, (although it seems i still cant get my windows in perspective, but its because of technique) The idea of the speed painting is to convey a concept or idea very quickly believe it or not but i spent no more than 20 mins on the top painting.

4. is it ripple? also looks like it could be plastic wrap. good use of a filter for digital work such as this, nice.