Brand new Blue Dream clone.....whats wrong???

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by sb575, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Hey guys so i just picked up this blue dream clone from the club and i planted it in fox farm ocean forest potting soil literally two days ago, thoroughly watered, no extra nutrients given; growing under 4 cfl's in a pc case. Anyway, all the older leaves are turning yellow and dying; the new growth seems to be fine but i cant figure out what is happening to it. It is not over fertilization as i havnt really given it anything extra and i measured the PH and everything so i dont think that is it. Cfls are not conducive to heat stress and the clone is like 3 inches from the bulb. What on earth is going on?? Do the leaves of clones tend to die in the first few days anyway?? Or does this happen as the clone takes root?? I just cant figure out what i did wrong and it makes me think this is a natural process somehow. Here are some pictures that show that the new growth is ok but everything else looks problematic.

Attached Files:

2. Thats extreme heat stress my friend. Rework your ventilation system.
    Keep'em burnin
    DirtyViperMan

3. are you sure??...cuz the bottom most leaf from the clone has the same symptoms, is about 6 inches from the cfl, and this pc case has two fans blowing constantly circulating air in and out of it.

4. do you check temp?

5. If the air is to hot it doesn't matter if it is moving.
    Keep'em burnin
    DirtyViperMan

6. well no but the heat coming from those bulbs is really not that hot, i would go as far as to say that the temperature in the case is no more than 80 F at any given time;

7. Tellin you dude its extreme heat stress you need fresh cool air coming in constantly for a healthy grow.
    Keep'em burnin
    DirtyViperMan

8. cfls can burn your plant trust me

9. unless that soil is dry as a bone, i'd have to agree with it being heat stress. I use a digital therm. that display the peak and lowest temps for the last 24 hours. it was like 6 bucks. I'd get one.

10. PC case, your problem..

PC cases can be successful, but not for a newly rooted clone.

Also whats the wattage of the CFLs?

even just (4) 26 watters can be too hot... Try taking one out..