Brand new at growing

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by newgrowprosmoke, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Hey y'all. Looking for some advice and I've been readin threads all day and I have to say I'm lost. There is so much terminology I'm clueless about and I didn't realize how in depth a grow could get. A friend gave me a few seeds and they've been growing for about 6/7 weeks now. I noticed some weird looking hairs and from what I gather they are pistals, can anyone confirm. Any advice you think would be beneficial would be appreciated. TIA. Happy toking. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. The first grow is almost always a fail, but your's looks better than my first did. I'm going to do you a huge favor and give you my entire grow schedule.

- Get seeds or clones
    - INDICA: Grandaddy Purple, Critical Kush, Death Star
    - HYBRID: Pineapple Express, Girl Scout Cookies, White Widow
    - Place seeds in water overnight until they germimate, or dip stems of clones in cloning gel
    - Fill a bucket of water and drop PH down solution in it until the PH is 4.5
    - Place rockwool cubes in the water overnight
    - In the morning check if the runoff water has a PH of 5.5 (if it is between 5.5 and 7 then repeat the soaking process)
    - If the PH is over 7 then soak the rockwool cubes in a phosphoric acid solution with a PH of 4 for 30 minutes then redo the original soaking process
    - Place germinated seeds or clones in the prepared rockwool cubes
    - Water the plants with water PH'ed at 6.5
    - Put a humidity dome over the cubes and place the dome under 2700k lights
    - After a few days throw out seeds that have wimpy stems, leaves, and roots, and throw out clones that haven't rooted properly
    - When the seeds have their first real pair of leaves and Place the rockwool cubes in smart pots filled with super soil
    - Place pots in a grow room receiving 18 hours of light a day, and 6 hours of darkness, receiving a temperature of 70 degrees, holding a humidity of 50% RH, and receiving 60 watts per square foot of light.
    - When plants get stronger start to supercrop
    - When plants are near their maximum height (closest recommended distance from lights), but have nor quite reached it top or FIM them up to two times
    - When leaves become yellow, cut them off
    - When the plants are late into veg, lollypop the bottom third of the plant
    - When the plants have 25-50% of their maximum height give them three days of darkness
    - Set the grow room to give the plants 12 hours of light and 12 hours of darkness, 70 degrees of heat, a humidity of 50% RH, and 60 watts per sqaure foot of light
    - Trim leaves when they yellow or die and save them if they have trichomes
    - In week 3 of flowering, pinch an eighth of a inch of the tips of the buds and give them 10 to 14 days to recover. Repeat as much as needed
    - Set the temperature to 60 when the plants are a few weeks from harvest
    - Havest sativas when the trichomes are mostly cloudy or half cloudy with almost no amber heads
    - Harvest hybrids when 30-40% of trichomes have amber heads
    - Harvest indicas when 50-70% of trichomes have amber heads
    - Harvest extra potent medical strains when 80-90% of trichomes have amber heads
    - Cut off 16 inch bud stems, and trim lazily while leaving the flowers on the stems
    - Wash stemmed bud in a 5 gallon bucket of lukewarm water with 1 cup of baking soda and 1 cup of lemon juice flowed by a 5 gallon bucket of warm water, and finish the cleaning with a 5 gallon bucket of cold water
    - Wait 24 hours then trim bud (still on stem) very well.
    - Hang stems upside down in a dark room with a temperature of 65 degrees, a humidity of 50% and with a circulating fan inside for 5 to 15 days
    - When the bud feel slightly crunchy on the outside, the smaller stems snap instead of bend, and the buds pop off the stems, the weed is ready.
    - Separate buds from their stems
    - Do a final trim/checkup on the buds and put them in glass mason jars filled 2/3 full in a dark room with a temperature of 65 degrees and a humidity inside the jars of 60-65% RH (put a small hygrometer in the jars)
    - For the first 3 weeks open the jars and let the flowers sit outside for a few minutes
    - If the buds are wet (more than 70% RH) let them sit outside the jar for a day
    - If the buds are moist (65-70% RH) open the lid of the jar for two hours while mixing the bud around every so often
    - If the bud is dry then you are good
    - If the bud is brittle (under 55% RH) then leave it alone or rehumidify it with a humidipak
    - Cure as long as needed and enjoy

If you don't understand anything I said then look it up, and you will find everything you need.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Holy shit that hurt my brain ^^

• Like Like x 2
  4. If you dont understand any of the terminology a 10 second google search will serve you well :)