Brainwashing

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by philan, Jan 27, 2010.

1. I thought this was a thread about getting those damn spots scrubbed from my cerebral cortex. Very unsightly.

2. #3 philan, Jan 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2010

Indeed. If you're expecting anything other than disappointment from me, you should stop that. I'm surprised no one is tossing hot coals in my direction yet for using a 2005 article anyway. Maybe later I guess.

Which leads me to another thought: If things are accelerating, we'll hit a day in age eventually when using references to 5 year old studies will be considered foolish. (I know some live here and already feel that way) Six month old studies 'stone-age', Couple week old studies a sham and outdated. Seems odd to picture; but plausible I guess; Moores law and all.

Edit: These posts make me aware of how crappy my grammar actually is. Funny I don't want to change it.

3. Lala Song Player - Bath Of Least Resistance by NOFX

Imagine when the internet can run at 100 terabytes per seconds? When you can download anything instantly, most likely from anywhere. If you think piracy is bad now, imagine what it will be. Copyright laws couldn't even exist for digital media, and almost anything can be digitized.

New information always becomes available, you can't stop that from happening. You can't stop old information from becoming outdated, either. You can just hope that once people have the ability to acquire information instantly and from anywhere, that they would actually take the necessary effort to retain it.

That may not be possible.... *frowny face*