Brains

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Indefinable, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Have you notice how our brain is always the "most important factor" of controlling our every thought and action? Think about all the folds it contains. Why is it all crumpled together? Is it trying to protect something in the middle? By itself it would not be able to survive in this harsh and crude environment.

Perhaps brains have descended from a vast colony in search of a habitable shelter. In order to sustain life on this very planet, our brains must have evolved an advanced exoskeleton through cervical expansion. This exoskeleton is what we know as flesh. After this flesh was formed and given circulation, development of muscles, bones and skin we also necessary. Our arms and legs and anything else protruding from the brain downwards is efficiently placed to aid us in our walk of life. The stomach is a useful organ in order to harness energy to fuel the brains need for stamina.

Our brains are probably the smartest in the chain of life here on Earth. We are aliens ourselves. Over time, the maximum potential of our brains degrade and we no longer hold the capacity to utilize 100% of our brains activity. This is generally a common term called procrastination. It is a disease that the brains have encountered since landing here on Earth.

Call me crazy, but I really do believe we messed up our main goal on this planet.

2. The brain is nothing more than a mere tool. The greatest tool ever but nothing more or less than a mere tool

3. If the brain is just a tool, what am I?

4. the carpenter

I actually marvel at the lack of control my brain has over me. I can calculate reason analyze and assess every single reason why I should go right, and against all logic go left. That is truly amazing to me.

5. That would be your brain... Our arms don't just lift up magically, our brains send impulses to our muscles to lift up. You are talking about automaticity. Just because you think you are not using your brain to turn left does not mean it's not being used.

I have a cup of tea right in front of me, I want a sip but in spite of my brain I'm not going to grab it. Ultimately, my brain is telling me it wants a sip, so I will in fact grab it after this post.

If we're doing analogies I'd say our brains are artificial intelligence and we are the machines that carry out it's desires. Sure there is free will, but ultimately we do what our brains/minds tell us. No?

6. I don't think you understood what I was saying

7. Care to explain more then?

Another example...

There's a girl that I am 99% sure wants me to ask her on a date, she's cute, she is intelligent and funny, but I have a chemical imbalance in my brain causing anxiety or what have you, and so I never ask her on a date and we amount to be friends and nothing more. I go against all logic, but what made me do it? mah brainz

I definitely do not understand what your point is now lol

8. So what exactly is the difference between 'you' and the brain?

9. Yep, your brain is simply the seat of our consciousness and your consciousness is what makes you, you and me, me. Without the consciousness there would be no difference between us. The brain is stuck to the material world and giving it the power makes you comform to that. The Consciousness tells you there's than that and more to that thus your individuality and fire and passion for your purpose and without this you're another indoctrinated soul doomed to be the slave of the system. Its just the way it is man. When they say think for yourself that just means become that carpenter who doesn't make the same shit everyone else is making. You kinda get my drift?

10. I do not believe our brain and our mind to be one and the same. I believe the brain to have some influence over the mind through chemicals and nerve impulses and what have you, but I believe the mind to be ultimately in control. If you were to look through my eyes if you were controlled by your brain you would have never asked that girl on a date simply because your brain deemed it illogical, but since I believe our minds to be in control it can override the reasoning of the brain to allow you to actually approach that girl against all reason. That's what I meant by though my brain tells me right is the way to go I can still go left, it was a metaphor.

When you said if your brain is just a tool than what am I my respond was the carpenter. That was to say that you are your mind not your brain.

11. @Roadrunner

In a way this was my point

12. #12 Gonjaninjitsu, Nov 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2010
    You're talking about HOW you lift your hands up you're not talking about WHY you lift your hands up ;) The realization you'd get from what I just said would be a much greater teacher than I explaining myself into detail. Use your IMAGINATION

13. Did you say brains?

[​IMG]

14. The brain is an organ while I am an entity.

15. I tend to think that the brain makes up the mind. To each his own though because we will probably never know for sure :(

16. So you believe that you are set apart from your brain?

17. In a sense yes.

More accurately I am saying this

I = Brain

Brain /= I

I don't know how to type the not equal to sign but that's what I'm saying

18. Brain = Physical
    Mind/Consciousness = Spiritual

Brain = Meatsack
    Mind = Quarry of thoughts

There that should be much simpler

19. Your soul, basically?

20. Basically