Brain VS Soul

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by BCGanja, Nov 17, 2011.

1. This thread is what I have been looking for. Very interesting.

I believe that we do have souls outside the physical realm, and that they grow stronger and weaker as we live (linked to our will to live). There's a bunch more to my personal belief, but I'll keep that for when I have a little more understanding.

But I also feel like to understand all of this, we need a few things:
    -Free time. Being away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life can really help us think and open our minds without being distracted by stress or worries.
    -Meditation. I feel like this is what helps us connect to our "souls," cause one of my indirect attempt at mediation made me feel larger than I truly was. Not physically, but in a way that I saw more than met the eye.
    -Better Understanding of the Brain. I could be wrong and all of this the product of the brain, but to know for sure, we need to know what the brain is capable of. If we completely understand how it works, we could easily pin whatever is left of the human experience on a non-physical plane.
    -DMT? I've heard this one molecule exists in almost all living beings, and is responsible for many of the great theories of life. Perhaps this is the key. We need more research.

2. [quote name='"BCGanja"']Is there a soul?
    Consciousness, a product of the brain?
    Thoughts, a product of the soul?
    What is a soul?
    Where did the idea of a soul come from?
    :smoke:[/quote]

I think that, a soul does exist I mean past all the thoughts and emotion even the body we would still exist if you know what I mean.

I think that conciousness is partially created by the brain but in the sense that it the more latches onto it..since in my opinion consciousness always, or better said always existed if that makes sense?

I feel thoughts are a product of the brain man created it you know, I think the soul or whatever you call it operates by feelinggs.

The "idea" of soul came from man..duhh lol.

3. I think you can be both. There are arguments which exist which seek to resolve the binary nature of the distinction between mind and body without negating either.