Brain Injury/tumors?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Dizzy, Sep 29, 2019.

1. #1 Dizzy, Sep 29, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
    As some of you guys know I mention it a lot of times on here I got a severe Brain injury when I was 15. So anyways I my doctor told me I am at risk to get tumors more then regular people because of this. So my question is if I had those would I know it? Because it scare me a lot when he told me that an I get migrane headaches a lot an seizures sometimes an I was j/w if anyone knew or do yall think I should just ask my doc lol? I thought I would ask if anyone knows in here because im nota fan of going to the hospital all the time Because i already up there a lot. so any help would be much appreciated. (Just fyi the last time I was checked a few weeks ago I didn't have any tho)

Oan smoking weed helps me with the migranes usually but I don't get high while pregnant.

~Toni~

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Quote::
    One long-term study found that because brain tumors are relatively rare, the individual risk of a brain tumor from trauma to the head is small and is not associated with the severity or location of the head injury. ... Aug 2, 2017

End Quote::

Sound like he's milking the system as I can't turn up anything that contradicts this.

• Informative Informative x 1

3. Oh ok thanks for the help BNW:love: !!! I am very relieve too know this.

~Toni~

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Have you been in for an MRI Dizzy? That should give you an idea. I'm sorry you are having headaches. And FYI, I toked a few times during pregnancy for relief and my 22 year old girl graduated top of her class in highschool and is now in college doing a degree. It's the drink you have to worry about while preggo.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. And Dizzy you are carrying a baby right..?

any health thing see a doctor

and stay fit

cheers/

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. #6 Dizzy, Sep 30, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2019

Yea ive had them before just a few weeks ago an he said I didn't have anyting wrong...I have to go for checks once a month not counting the other reasons I go over there too. Thanks for the info WeedCat much respect :)

Yep lol I am pregnant an I go to see my doctor an the hospital a lot. They all now my me by name with out me even telling them up there lol.

~Toni~

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Back at you lady! :hello:

And I changed my name to WeedCat. Do you like it?

• Winner Winner x 2

8. Yep lol it suits you well with the Avy you got & everyting I like that name. :)

~Toni~

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. I would ask your doctor next time you go in. Sorry to hear about that. I have seizures too, very scary stuff. Take it easy :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1

10. Thank you Pistils :) :love:

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1
  11. Some of the symptoms are pretty common, but I assume with a real concerning issue they would be a lot worse - dizzy spells, headaches etc. Still best to check with your doctor, preferably someone you trust and can ask a lot of questions if the hospital makes you anxious.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. #12 Storm Crow, Nov 10, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
    @Dizzy Did a little checking and I think your doctor may have seen this recent study-
    Probability of New-Onset Cancer Between Patients with Traumatic Brain Injury and a Comparison General Population Cohort.
    Probability of New-Onset Cancer Between Patients with Traumatic Brain Injury and a Comparison General Population Cohort. - PubMed - NCBI

(I was able to pick out the sentence that sums up the study, and it should calm your fears a bit. )

"The cancer incidence rate in the patients with TBI (4.38%) was greater than that in patients without TBI (3.88%)."

That means having had a TBI increases your risk of cancer a mere 0.5% over the 15 years of the study. I think those of us who have survived a TBI can deal with that by just taking little better care of ourselves! ;)

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1

13. Thank you Granny I really appreciate the help!!!!

~Toni~