Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

brain damage?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by tinypurplefish, Jun 23, 2010.

1. :(ok so about 6 months ago after i came down i felt really weird. kind of detached from reality and it hasnt gone away yet. iv smoked like 3 time inbetween that time and its only made it worse so i was just wondern if that was normal or not. also i smoked like 3 times a day for about 4 months b4 this happend.:(

2. It ain't the leaf that's doing that to ya. Consider another factor.

3. Are you stressed out or worrying about something a bit much?

I've noticed that when I've got too much on my mind or am worried about something smoking doesn't help it but just makes it all that much worse of a feeling.

4. also i forgot to mention iv been really paranoied to. mostly i think thats just because im makeing it wors by thinking about it. i havent been sleeping at all either so maby thats it. its weird tho cuz every now and then ill see like transparnt lines that go across the room and little black dots. every time i look in the mirror i look really really tired but i dont feel like it. maby it has to do with lack of sleep??

5. In all honesty, I just think you're over analyzing everything. (Except for the feelings of being disconnected, those you should be worried about.) Seeing the transparent lines and little dots are things we all 'see', but we just don't take notice of them. Like you said, thinking about it constantly just makes it more apparent. Chill out, relax. Try to get some sleep and stop thinking there's something wrong with you.

6. #6 holgini88, Jun 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2010
    Define "detached from reality". What do you feel? It's probably hard to describe. Those lines and dots are totally normal dude, everyone sees 'em. But anyways, you might wanna consider googling "depersonalization" and "derealization" and see if either describe what you're feeling. If it's really a problem, consider talking to a doctor, and maybe taking a break from the bud for a bit. I've experienced feelings like this before. Whether it's from smoking or not is yet to be determined... but i doubt it. It's not brain damage, haha you're fine... Don't smoke schwag it's bad for you, lol. (just assuming)

EDIT: The paranoia could be from the weed. Just a little anxiety nothing to worry about, unless like I said, it becomes a big problem, i.e., looking over your shoulder every five seconds. It happens to some people.

7. umn its definately not the pot, but my friend experience the same exact thing when trying shrooms for the first time though he smoked pot with the shrooms and it brought out a disorder lol so if your doing just weed its not the weed, but sometimes if your depressed or have other natural disorders, weedcan make them worse so ide lay off the herb for a little while maybe see a doctor.

8. You are just permafried for now. Happens to me all the time.

Pretty much the detachment is psychological I would say. You enter a state of being HIgh then when you come down, you dont think you are sober yet cuz it doesnt feel the same as u remember being sober. Typically everything is foogy. I think is from maybe an overload of THC or just a mental high. It will go away in a few days, in the meantime, dont smoke and just relax. Try not to think about it and before you know it you wont even realize the feeling is gone.

9. this

i'm sure your fine man, when i get like that i just smoke more, its probally all in your head, i also get that way when im on the PC for 2 many hrs and i'm doing alot of things at once, i feel like im stuck in this weird trance, again, i just take another rip and feel fine, but if it gets real bad then stop smoking, you might be one of the few ppl that have a bad reaction :smoking:

10. I agree with everything, except this 'permafried'.

11. im sure its all in your head.

12. This has nothing to do with the weed you smoked 6 months ago

All the Thc is long gone out of your system.

Talk to a doctor about this but honestly its been 6 months how could you possibly think that weed has anything to do with this?

Thats like me getting diarreah and thinking i shouldn't have eaten all those pizza bagels last year...

13. look up derealization on google. sounds like you may have it. i did a while back and it took a few months to clear up.

14. Dude, if it's worrying you this much, go see your doctor.

15. THIS. Really. It happened to me, and I'm just starting to feel like me again. It takes time, but you can, and will get thru it.

16. You can experience depersonalization from severe lack of sleep, your body is probably used to not getting enough sleep so it can function without it but it's very unhealthy and after a while you'll start to become like how you are now and soon enough if it is depersonalization you'll start seeing things.

Try getting into a regular sleeping pattern it should help.

17. #17 Tweker, Jun 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2010
    It sounds like Depersonalization. There was a movie about it and the guy described it the exact same way you did.

18. #18 RepentYeNbelievethegospel, Jun 23, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2010
    Listen, it is all in your head! Just stop thinking about it, if you think about it more then it's only to become more intense.

Your doing this to yourself man, the mind is a powerful thing!

Listen to some music, relax, forget this bullshit and this will go away.

Edit: and get some fucking sleep! :)

19. If you have high doses of cannabis for an extened period of time, your body cuts back on the production of endocannabanoids (cannabanoids made by you), because you're intaking plenty of phytocannabanoids (natural cannabanoids). If you abruptly stop taking cannabis, things like sleep, mood, appetite, etc, can become out of whack, as your body needs to restore itself to its natural balanced state.

After a few days, you should return to normal. If you continue to feel depersonalization, or any of the other things, go see your doc. Tell him/her about your use (there's doctor/patient confidentiality, don't worry), they should be able to help out.

20. sounds like depersonalization man, ive had it for the last 10 years, ive just gotten used to it kinda haha. but i would seek some professional help.