Bradley Manning Should Receive Nobel Peace Prize For Services To Humanity

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MelT, Jun 5, 2013.

1. This was a topic on TV here recently, with commentators saying that anyone who exposed wrong-doing for the sake of peace should be rewarded, not punished.

Is it right or wrong to expose an unjust war, waged on the basis of lies for the sake of greed? No lives were lost or even endangered by Manning's actions. In fact, the US itself has put online and made available information about weapons systems, is it guilty of the same crime? Manning is a scapegoat.

Discuss.

MelT

2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI_HsQTCieg

3. Sounds to me like he's a traitor.  

4. Despite your purposely trying to show your disrespect and disdain for him;

Ever consider the fact that he absolutely doesn't want to drink from the tainted water you try and lead him to? :smoke:

5. :huh:

6. #6 Lenny., Jun 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
    The Nobel Prize itself is tainted. Manning is above such awards IMO.

To say he deserves a Nobel Prize is to say he's on par with war criminals and economists that support the special interests of the 1%.

The trial he's on is just nothing but a show. The outcome is predetermined. Its too late though, no matter what they do to him, the people now have proof of war crimes and atrocities committed by their government.

Instead of a Nobel prize, the best thing to do for him is not let the leaked information go to waste. Inaction upon knowledge of government atrocities would be a waste.

Unfortunately he signed up for the military, so there's no much hope for him as far as a fair trial goes. That's the consequence, nothing anyone can do there. I feel bad for him as a human being and the illegal treatment he received, but its the military. You get what you sign up for.

7. What can you say about a world in which war criminals receive Nobel Peace Prizes while those who expose war crimes are deemed criminals? There are no words.

8. I feel there is one, "sad."

Why's that?

Disrespect and disdain by not wanting to get into a useless debate with garrison? What a huge judgmental leap.

Why is this water "tainted" again?

10. I never really kept up with all the details of this case, but I believe I read a while back that he actually did his duty by reporting war crimes. And for this, his life is ruined.

How much more fucked up can government get?

11. His do you.figure?

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. Orwellian

[​IMG]

I wholeheartedly agree with the following:

"While President Obama was starting and expanding unconstitutional wars overseas, Bradley Manning, whose actions have caused exactly zero deaths, was shining light on the truth behind these wars. It's clear which individual has done more to promote peace." -Ron Paul

"Bradley Manning epitomizes what the Nobel Peace Prize was supposed to reward, while Barack Obama is the antithesis of it," Glenn Greenwald told U.S. News. "Everything Manning did was geared toward ending war by mobilizing public opinion against it. Most of what Obama has done with his power has been geared toward escalating and continuing U.S. aggression."

@RepRonPaul Re: Wikileaks- In a free society, we are supposed to know the truth. In a society where truth becomes treason, we are in big trouble.

15. #16 rhapsodyrcks, Jun 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2013

As a service member who served for over 12 years in the US Marines and in both wars I find it horrific what he did. Regardless of his view points, yours, anyones he gave a oath he signed many various forms agreeing to the confidentiality of his job. It is not the purpose of military members to form opinions, ideology or to engage in actions like he did. 

Hes not a hero, hes a rather unremarkable nobody. He will be found guilty and be put in US Military or Federal Prison for probably more then a decade or two and because of the nature of his actions he probably will be declined parole for the entire time. 

Every action has a consequence. Rather then having a bright future serving his time in Army and doing whatever he likes he will waste away in a cell. He will have limited interaction. The world will continue to move forward and Mr. Manning will emerge like most prisoners do in 20 years as a shell of a man. A man who's existence has been a waste. A young man who when he is released will have spent the majority of his adult life to that point completely isolated from all human activity. By the time he gets out only family will know him as a human who exists if they still accept him. 

He will get out and then find that he will not even be able to get most likely a minimum wage job. Since his life will have been spent not working and contributing to a 401k, pension plan, or  Social Security he will retire with nothing. Whatever meger earnings he does make will not help him in that regard. He will eventually retire a lonely, broke, destitute old man filled missing a life he never had. Then he will pass away and most likely it will be a unremarkable funeral. 

Its a fitting future for a disappointing human. He can though say he made a stand! That and a dollar doesnt get you a cup of coffee. 

16. I took an Oath to the Constitution, then said fuck that Oath, I will do whatever my commanding officer says. 

KILL KILL KILL 

'Merica

17. Go ahead and support the giving of the Nobel Peace Prize, but he's still a traitor who has illegally released numerous documents that compromise the security of the country, which could lead to the death of many US military personnel serving overseas.    

18. As a service member who served for over 12 years in the US Marines and in both wars I find it horrific what he did. Regardless of his view points, yours, anyones he gave a oath he signed many various forms agreeing to the confidentiality of his job. It is not the purpose of military members to form opinions, ideology or to engage in actions like he did.

Hes not a hero, hes a rather unremarkable nobody. He will be found guilty and be put in US Military or Federal Prison for probably more then a decade or two and because of the nature of his actions he probably will be declined parole for the entire time.

Every action has a consequence. Rather then having a bright future serving his time in Army and doing whatever he likes he will waste away in a cell. He will have limited interaction. The world will continue to move forward and Mr. Manning will emerge like most prisoners do in 20 years as a shell of a man. A man who's existence has been a waste. A young man who when he is released will have spent the majority of his adult life to that point completely isolated from all human activity. By the time he gets out only family will know him as a human who exists if they still accept him.

He will get out and then find that he will not even be able to get most likely a minimum wage job. Since his life will have been spent not working and contributing to a 401k, pension plan, or Social Security he will retire with nothing. Whatever meger earnings he does make will not help him in that regard. He will eventually retire a lonely, broke, destitute old man filled missing a life he never had. Then he will pass away and most likely it will be a unremarkable funeral.

Its a fitting future for a disappointing human. He can though say he made a stand! That and a dollar doesnt get you a cup of coffee.
    </blockquote>
    He signed an oath to protect the constitution.

He was obliged.to break.his other oath as they conflicted

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. It's not like the Peace Prize actually means anything anymore..