Boyfriend Wants Me To Quit Smoking

Discussion in 'General' started by GanjaPrincess21, Dec 30, 2013.

1. So I've been with this guy for 3 years & he hates the fact that I smoke & wants me to quit. My question is should I? I mean its not like I just started the other day I was smoking when I met him & at first he acted like he was cool with it just to get with me I guess. He even gave me some bud he found at work once. But now all we do is fight about it & I hate the fact that it bothers him so much when he knew what he was getting into. I have my own place & I don't do it around him or at his house so I don't really see what the big deal is. Has anyone else been with someone who didn't smoke & didn't want you to either? Are you still with them? What did you do? I mostly smoke because of social anxiety & depression & fighting with him all the time doesn't help but he doesn't care what I have to say about it he just wants me to quit cold turkey & focus on him. I already give him everything else he wants & he hardly gives me half of that so why shouldn't I be able to have a pull or two in the privacy of my own home? If we lived together it would be different I would quit no problem but we dont & he is not always there to make me not want to smoke instead whenever he comes around he stresses me out some more with the fighting which just makes me want to get stupid high. Should I just stop to shut him up or should I just go be with someone who doesn't care & will actually love me for who I am & not try to change me? I love him but it seems like the longer we're together the more things he wants to change about me. What do you think I should do?

2. Paragraphs!!!

But idk if I was you I probably wouldent stop

3. Tell him to love the entire you. If he thinks you must conform to his set of guidelines then maybe he should move on.

4. #4 8ight, Dec 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2013
    What doesn't he like about you smoking? It's highly unlikely that it's damaging your health. Does he just not like smoking himself, or can't due to a job?

I've noticed some people have bad personal experiences with weed, or they look at the stereotypical burnout, and they then apply these experiences towards everyone who smokes. The way he may experience marijuana is probably incredibly different than how you do. If you're not even living together, I don't understand what the big deal is. But I'm a smoker myself, so I'm biased I suppose. 

My ex-girlfriend said she was cool with smoking at first. Slowly, it got the point where she was suggesting I stop. Being infatuated by what was still a fairly new relationship, I complied. Although it was annoying, since she would be supportive of marijuana in conversation, just not supportive of ME smoking it. Which I never poked around much, because at the time I only smoked casually anyway. She didn't smoke herself, and didn't enjoy marijuana when she did try. 

Now, I've been single (and enjoying it) for the last two or three years (we split up a few years after I quit, and for unrelated reasons--though marijuana MAY have actually prevented some of those reasons, at least on my part), so I may not be in the position to make this assessment, but I don't see myself ever quitting for a spouse. Even for kids, I don't see why I would need to completely quit--even now I mostly smoke at night as a sleep aid. A quick bowl before bed wouldn't even interfere with a child's life. Granted, I would accept quitting during a pregnancy if the spouse was a smoker (and also chose to quit--I won't smoke if the spouse can't yet wants to). But otherwise... I can't think of a legitimate relationship-related reason. 

5. Honestly he sounds like a controlling jackass.

6. He doesn't smoke cuz he wants to be a cop one day, but he's completely ignorant about it, he calls it crack which obviously it isn't & I'm sure he knows the difference between the two. He has never tried it & I don't think he ever will. Sent from my SPH-L720 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. #7 ZombieJuice, Dec 30, 2013
    Lmao what a douche. If i were him (and didn't smoke) i'd buy you bud and get you hella high and get 7 inches deep in ya gutz, reeeeeal talksent from underneath my balls

8. As for the pregnancy thing I've never been pregnant but my aunt smoked through most of her pregnancy & she gave birth to a healthy, fully developed (& very calm) baby. He really has no valid argument because he knows nothing about the plant & refuses to learn he just chooses to stay ignorant so he can say w.e. he wants. I guess I might as well just let him go, 3 years later & he's still a hard headed controlling ass ScorpioSent from my SPH-L720 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. #9 NickaWittaBic, Dec 30, 2013
    I'd tell him to get the fuck out in that situation. Of course try to work it out first and also evaluate your marijuana use. Should you smoke for anxiety and depression every time? Do you try to figure out the cause of these ailments, while high and sober? As you grow, you may find it's time to grow apart or closer, your decision.

Also, you used "&" 13 times in your first post. Couldn't help noticing.

10. Lol he doesn't care how much I smoke, he just doesn't want me to at all.Sent from my SPH-L720 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. If both of you are unwilling to compromise and communicate do we really need to explain to you wheres its gonna lead?

12. #12 Recovery1CDR, Dec 30, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2013
    GMR, "quit smoking and focus on him," sounds like a needy bitch to me. Not gonna lie. 

not only that, but you say he calls it crack, he's ignorant as hell. 

13. Well, it's probably much easier for me to say this on an internet forum since I don't know the guy, but he sounds like someone I wouldn't want to hang out with: a guy who is against marijuana yet seems to have no real knowledge of it and doesn't seem interested in learning--hell, he sounds like he'll probably make a great cop.  :rolleyes:

Obviously you need to make the call, but it sounds like you might be debating between marijuana or him. I guess you could try quitting for a while to see if that's the better option, but my biased opinion is to just move on. But again, that's much easier for me to say, being a random person on an internet forum. 

14. he doesn't care what I have to say

quit cold turkey & focus on him.

I already give him everything else he wants & he hardly gives me half of that

whenever he comes around he stresses me out

He really has no valid argument because he knows nothing about the plant & refuses to learn he just chooses to stay ignorant

a hard headed controlling ass Scorpio

he wants to be a cop  :eek:

should I just go be with someone who doesn't care & will actually love me for who I am & not try to change me?

Sweetie, If you can't answer that question, you need your head examined!  This dude is a control freak! And can you picture yourself as a cop's wife?  Are you willing to be a good little "Stepford wife"?  Has he started cutting you off from your friends, yet?

You have wasted 3 years on him, already. If he was going to meet you half-way, you might make something of this relationship. But hon, it looks like he will just become more and more controlling!  This does not sound like a relationship I would want to be in- and it doesn't sound like you really want to be in it either!

I want you to take a few puffs and re-read what you have posted as if it was an email from a friend. What would you be telling her?

And I will tell you something about GC, if you dump that "hard headed controlling ass Scorpio", I am willing to bet that there will be several blades offering to "console" you! Stoner GFs are in great demand around here! :smoke:  (Ignore any who ask to see your tits- they are likely under-aged!   :laughing: )

Granny

15. honestly, If you need cannabis for medical reasons. dump him, probably very ugly (looks and personality wise) 

16. Sounds like he's trying to say "let's break up"

17. I have a nose piercing & my ears are pierced, was gonna get a second hole on each ears & a belly button piercing for my bday which is coming up soon, he said no. At this point its just starting to be too much, I mean I'm not perfect & I'm def no angel & its seems like thats what he's looking for.Sent from my SPH-L720 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. He might be looking for a reason to dump you. Pushing it to the max so things go south.

/thread

Once Granny steps in, call it a game changer. She knows what's up

20. [quote name="GanjaPrincess21" post="19252438" timestamp="1388387678"]I have a nose piercing & my ears are pierced, was gonna get a second hole on each ears & a belly button piercing for my bday which is coming up soon, he said no. At this point its just starting to be too much, I mean I'm not perfect & I'm def no angel & its seems like thats what he's looking for.Sent from my SPH-L720 using Grasscity Forum mobile app[/quote]Post a pic of yourself and a pic of him.sent from underneath my balls