Boyfriend broke up with me while high on an edible?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by BabyLayla, Sep 6, 2018.

1. This is my first time posting here - any feedback would be appreciated.

A few days ago I (24f) gave my boyfriend (25m) half an edible cookie (I'm not sure of the exact dosage but I take half with my friends occasionally and we always have an enjoyable experience - never too intense). He was hesitant to take it at first (he has very little drug experience and this was his first time eating an edible) but I reassured him that everything would be okay and we would have a good time (I took the other half). We took it at around 21h00. The come-up (an hour or so in) was fine and we were having a good experience. Around 1.5 hours after eating the edible, he got quiet, said he was having trouble dealing with his thoughts and wanted to try sleep.

Awhile later (10 minutes or so) he got up, turned on the light, and started pacing around. He kept on saying that everything is all of a sudden so clear to him, that everything makes so much sense. He also repeated a few times that I should not have given him drugs. After a few minutes of this, he sat down to talk to me and told me that I need to leave. I asked why and he started talking about how I'm not good for him and not good for anyone else, for that matter. I asked if he was breaking up with me and he bluntly replied, 'yes'. During this chat he was devoid of any emotion or empathy. He was just acting very cold. Usually he's sensitive towards my feelings and very conflict averse so this was especially out of character for him.

I remained calm throughout the ordeal and told him that I couldn't leave as it wasn't safe for me to drive but that I would go and sleep in the spare room (which I did). Luckily I locked the door as a cautionary measure because he came knocking awhile later, trying to open the door. He carried on telling me I need to get out and once again started repeating that I'm not good for him. I stayed in the locked room and didn't respond. He walked back to his room and I didn't hear from him for the rest of the night.

The next morning I went to chat with him. He apologised for what he said and told me he didn't mean it and that he didn't really want the break up. Apparently he was having a bad trip and felt paranoid (yet he seemed very calm during the episode).

Although everything has for the most part gone back to normal (our relationship before the trip was very playful and loving -- we've only been dating 4 months), I still can't shake what happened a few nights ago while he was high. I now feel very insecure in the relationship but I haven't mentioned this to him. I'm uncertain as to whether I should attach any deeper meaning to it other than him being out of his mind? Did it maybe surface thoughts that he has yet to attend? He didn't seem confused or cautious at all when he was breaking up with me - it's exactly what he wanted at the time. He often expresses how happy he is with our relationship so this came completely out of the blue.

2. Hmm. Quite interesting. I've got a brother in law that drinks regularly. So much most times that I don't consider him my brother anymore. The look in his eyes is something inexplicable. A look to where he doesn't look at you, he looks through you. It of course comes with the usual can't control myself and don't remember blackouts... But the state of intoxication seems to make him someone or something else. I understand that your boyfriend recalled the whole situation and apologized, but perhaps the complete intoxication made him have no self awareness. Then again it was probably paranoia on top of psuedo paranoia or placebo effect...to cause his...freakout for a lack of words . Just the thought of what drugs can do to you will cause a certain % of people to show those symptoms even though they were given a plecebo and not the actual drug. I call it the 'paranoia of paranoia ' .Lol . Frued would say that the actions he took were actions he feels he cannot in any normal circumstances do. But with ' no control ' his ID took over and showed buried emotions. Emotions that probably have nothing to do with your relationship, but in my opinion he feels trapped somewhere in his life .

• Like Like x 1
  3. So if he's not high he's a nice loving boyfriend right?

THC can do a lot of weird stuff to people. Especially if you're new to it.

It can also cause different types of psychiatric problems including Schizophrenia

Just because most humans are wired for THC, doesn't mean everyone is

Good luck and Read on...

https://www.leafly.com/news/health/...mpaign=Roost&utm_source=Roost&utm_medium=push

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-L09 using Tapatalk

4. Finally a post that seems realistic. Tired of the ones of total ridiculousness like someone is really "tripping". I'm sorry for what you got going on there. Your bf had a bad high and obviously 1/2 was too much. I have a very high tolerance and can put down 3-4 edibles when others will have one. You did right by just giving him half, but maybe a 1/4 would've been better. Maybe weed just isnt for him. Everybody's system is different. Just sit down and talk with him expressing the feeling you have about what he said. Could it be that he feels that way subconsciously ? Possibly. But, most likely it was because he didn't like the way he was feeling and was attributing it to the one that gave him the edible and not the edible itself. Weed gets my brain going and I sometimes have a different perception than I would when sober. And quite possibly you are feeling the way you are because subconsciously you have doubts. If you aren't really accepting the apology and are questioning things, don't wait. Talk, because ignoring it may just cause something to fester. You did the responsible thing by not getting in your car and driving. Good luck.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. #6 old shol4evr, Sep 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2021
    delete

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. well that sucks. but yeah you shouldnt have given him so much. actually for someone that doesnt use marijuana, you should have started him off with actual bud rather than edibles.

but im sorry to say i dont think he would say that stuff unless it was already on his mind. i guess its possible that he was just paranoid and was blaming you for it because you drugged him. but idk, in my experience your thoughts while high are usually your genuine thoughts.

7. If all it takes if half a cookie for him to ditch you then he is not the right guy for a long term relationship anyway.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Wow, that's kinda a lot and that sucks to hear that you aren't confident in your relationship anymore its seems he has a pretty low tolerance or may just be sensitive to it, it's really tough to do but I'd honestly say that you should probably talk to him about it he might not even remember a lot of what happened, but as far as the people saying that they are genuine thoughts may be true but take it with a grain of salt because he was paranoid and it's still fairly early on in your relationship and any person could fear for them selves and the relationship. Be honest and just communicate. No matter what it will all work out one way or another.

9. Time to move on . Sorry. The more you stay the greater the pain will be.

10. Fuck his friends

11. You would be very surprised how many dudes break it off with their S/O while high or drunk; it is embarrassing really.

12. Well you can either get over it or let it ruin everything from now on til it creeps up and ruins your relationship. Don't think or obsess over it. Don't be blind go any other signs though. Has he done or hinted at this ever before or is it isolated to this edible event? Trust your instincts. Keep cool about it. Once it becomes break up to make up, over and over, it's time to dip.

I would make it clear to him if that's what he wants to let me know and not bring it up again.

13. Dude is a fuckin PSYCHO.... You dodged a huge bullet. Find a stoner and live happily ever after.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. "...he was having trouble dealing with his thoughts..." ? but his over-riding thought was to break up with you?
    Consider yourself lucky that you have only 4 months invested in him. You can do much better.