Boycott Google, Verizon: Your World this Week

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CannabisInCanada, Aug 13, 2010.

1. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we2sYh-J4Sk]YouTube - Food "Safety", Net Neutrality, Take This Job and Shove It! - New World Next Week[/ame]

The common sense in this video it beautifully enlightening. :wave:

2. Fuck Verizon. But Google? SERIOUSLY? What the fuck ..

3. Man, hackers are gonna have a field day when (or if) this alternative internet kill-switch goes through.

4. Yeah.

We sure are. ;) :cool:

5. Any search engine suggestions?

I think I'm going to start using ixquix unless someone knows any better.

6. Get two beers and jump. You gotta get two beers and jump.

Jimmy Fallon singing a parody about a flight attendant quitting is somehow a mouth piece for GE?? I'm down for a thinking outside the box, but c'mon . . . .

7. we should all really just use this as a demonstration of how great capitalism is and start a new business. all of us combined switching to a single underdog search engine. they'd make good bucks while upgrade and becoming a big competitor.

8. As I outlined in my recent thread, I think this should be an expected reaction, Google is just trying to beat it's competition to the punch--the inevitability that the internet will be regulated. I'd rather have Google in that position than Microsoft, or any of Google's competitors, tbh. I don't think I'll be boycotting Google, mainly because it's pointless, the best thing to do, imo, is to boycott Government and to support free market and free association ideals. Google is just acting rationally irrational. I can't fault them for that.

9. From everything I've been reading this deal mostly affects internet options for wireless carriers, so if you don't perform all your work on your BlackBerry it's not a major issue. Not denouncing any of possibilities regarding government controlled internet, but no one should be so quick to say it's the end.

10. good vid.. but the dude wants to boycott google.. yet he uses youtube to host his video :confused:

11. lol good point