Boy or Girl?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Phytosapien, Jan 21, 2012.

1. I've looked at the sexing threads and they show plants that are a bit further than mine. My plant began showing preflowers ~3 days ago. Can anyone tell me whether or not this looks like a female or male preflower? Is it not developed enough to tell yet? It's a high def picture, so feel free to really get in there.

Attached Files:

2. cant tell just yet.
    balls= male
    hairs=female
    give it a couple more days

3. If u gave use another angle..maybe

4. Sure thing, give me a couple minutes, the focus on my camera refuses to cooperate unless it has a white background, so I'll see what I can do.

5. Here's the newest pic. Wish I could have gotten a better one, but we had to wrestle a bit to get this one to show up, seems like it enjoys getting leaves in the way while I try to focus the camera, which makes it very difficult to get a good shot.

Attached Files:

6. To early to tell. THey do not show sex the instant there in 12/12. Just wait..you can possibly make a mistake in identification they look dramatically different. Just google male and female cannabis and you will see.

7. No trace of gender just yet.

From what I know. Once gender is visible, you will be able to spot them on the side of most stems.

The females have little pussy hairs. The males, little ball sacks. If the plants is a Hermie, then you will see the hairs, then the sacks right under.

TIP: If it is a hermie, dont sweat it. Just cut of all the sacks. This will allow you to grow bud, without seeds.

Caution: Make sure you cut all the sacks off. Get a Magnifying glass if need be.

8. #8 Phytosapien, Jan 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2012
    Thank you all for responding, it's very helpful. I've done a lot of googling on the topic, but when it comes to comparing what's in front of me to what's on the net, I'm never 100% sure. I also have a great deal of bias, being a bit of a pessimist, so I tend to assume the worst (male/hermi). I'll probably raise it for pollen if it does turn out to be male since I don't have any other plants right now and I've thoroughly enjoyed the short stature of this strain.

It's not in 12/12 just yet. I'm letting it fill out a bit more. Being that it's my first grow, I've been closely keeping track of growth at every node and I was a bit surprised that this plant has began to show such prominent preflowers during vegetative phase.