Boxing

Discussion in 'General' started by skylerlight, Nov 25, 2008.

1. How many other blades out there participate in teh sport of boxing?:devious:

2. Boxed for 2 years, greatest thing you could ever do. So fun, and you get in fucking amazing shape if anyone out there wanted to do a sport for fitness let me tell you this sport is the god of sports when it comes to stayin in shape and constant training.

3. I box I figth mma and do brazilian jiujitsu
    I love it and love how fit i always am. actualy i just came back from training

I also do it high. its the shit.

4. haha i tried it high for the first time today. made it more bearable in the long run but i was dead tired at first than things got better

5. I boxed for a couple years but haven't found time since I went to school. Where do you guys train/with who?

6. i started boxing

im doing muay thai and a lil bjj now

7. I'm gonna be taking boxing classes real soon. There's a boxing club by where I live but they only do sign ups at the first of the month and I don't think I'm gonna be here. But there's another fight club that does boxing and mma and they do sign ups everyday I think, but they cost a lot more.

http://fontanaboxingclub.net/

http://www.adrenalinefc.com/

8. I did for about 5 years, Stoped doing it. Wish i kept going with it been thinking about trying to get back in it but not sure.

9. yeah i boxed for a year and a half...fun times lol

10. Fucking looooooooove it...

But on a fun level..

Like boxing with friends and shit..

Only one out of my friends has beat me... And ive beat him before too... its fun fightin with em haha especially after a few drinks...

One of em i hit once an knocked him straight out haha nose was bleedin al over the place.. drunk boxin is hilarious..

Anyways yea, if i came up against a proper boxer id be fucked, but i still love it just for messing about passing time.. i wanna start properly though..

D.
    :smoke:

11. Boxing and Taekwondo. Picked up the former recently (last 6 months) and reached first geup (red belt with a black stripe in the centre) in the latter at the age of 18.

I couldn't recommend martial arts enough. You learn so much about discipline, the consequences of your actions, the importance of dedication and a strong belief in your capabilities.

I'm enjoying boxing, the contrast is quite stark to Taekwondo in terms of ritual but it's much more viscerally pleasing. Plus my weight class, welterweight, seems to have quite a lot of competition so it's not hard finding a sparring partner.

12. Use to do Tang Soo doo and boxed..

13. HAHA. a few days ago me and a m8 were boxing and i punched him so hard he did a front flip

14. You punched him in the back of the head? :confused_2:

15. ... not me... i want to, id rather get into mma shit, but I dont want to pay to go to some school.

edit: i wanted to box my friends but theyre to fucking cheap to by $30 everlast gloves. my one friend who boxes could probably teach me tho.

16. you know your a stoner when you thought this thread was a story about hotboxing a car.