Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

-*BOWL SMOKING ETIQUETTE*-save the weed

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by 13pointsOfLight, Mar 15, 2007.

1. the key to smoking bongs and bowls so everyone gets full enjoyment and dont waste your green is...if u load ur bowl or stem up full DONT just blaze it up... light the lighter next to the bowl the slowly pull some air through so the flame just barely wraps around the inside lip of the bowl...that starts a small cherry...then pull good and hard to fill the tube or your lungs...then immediately butt out the cherry w/ the metal on your lighter...what you have done is burn a small top portion of the reef...then when you pass it to your friend he can do the same thing and he gets a GREENHIT TOO!! just keep lighting little portions by rotating the spot where u lite the bowl...IMO this is proper bowl etiquette. it drives me nutz when i load one then somebody just blazes the whole top of the bowl up...then hands you a bowl that totally charred after the first hit...SAVE THOSE GREENHITZ FOR EVERYONE:hello: :smoking:AND U DONT APPEAR 2 B A GREEDY DICK!

2. I like to put the bowl out with the bottom part of that lighter. Some times if you can reach the bud with the lighter and you have to push it farther, the bud gets stuck in side the metal part and then you cant light the lighter, and you lose a nice little nug.

3. Yeah mayne, I always do that. Sometimes I'll pack a fat bowl of medical buds and let my homies hit it first and they will blaze all the green in the first hit. Kinda disappointing :(

4. This is called "cornering the hit". I try to do it as much as possible when smoking in a group. Most of the time the people I smoke with just hit the entire thing though, even if I ask them to corner it :(. One of my friends always corners it, though. Good man.

5. yeah we call it that too. even if you're not smoking with anyone else you should still corner the bowl. if you flame the whole top you're res-ing out all the weed beneath it, makes for nastier hits. if you corner you get green everytime

6. Same here, I hate giving somebody a green bowl and getting a black one back.

7. ahhh yes cornering thats the word i was lookin for...i have heard it called that now that i think of it... and the ltiitle bud in the lighter-tip has happen to me too... but B CAREFUL butting it out w/ the plastic part...ive had a bowl that was burnin a bit too hot and it melted a hole in the lighter all the gas escaped immidiately makin a real loud PSSSSSSSST!!! sound....and i thought i blew my hand and face off...WOW WHAT W RUSH THAT WAS!!:smoking:

8. hell yeah i always challenge myself to take the smallest portion available, theres no reason not to save greens and its not hard to be conservative with weed, some people are just dumb and wasteful, i'm not like that, i want to get every cent of what i paid for.

i also hate when ppl hit the blunt or j for too long or just hog it, or ignore rules of etiquette. like this one time i rolled a j and my friend sparked it up, he hit it fat twice, typical puff puff pass, and didnt pass it to me, the weed owner and j roller, he passed it to this douche bag who just drained the j (you know when you can see it just fizzling down into something tiny), i was pissed, i told my friend too, he was like "ah it's not that big of a deal":mad: :eek: :confused: :devious:

9. thats a party foul

10. hahaha use have funny terminology for smokin man :) hehehe ..... When me and my mates are having a session we usually sit in kind of a circle ( usually a corner lounge)..... The 'packer' once elected, is responsible for making the mix, packin the billy's (billy is a bong in australia) cleaning the cone and stem and generally keeping the peace ... packer gets first billy and has first right over any unfinished billy's ... the bong is always passed clockwise ... some people seem to wait until the billy is packed and sitting in front of them before beginning some long-winded story ... it is bong etiquette to pull the bong before any stories continue ... packer is within their right to bring the bong to the story tellers attention ... if immediate action is not taken ... packer may pass the bong to the next person ... If a bong has been packed too tightly ( i.e the packer is unable to pull it ) a consolation bong may be awarded ... Packer gets to sit in the chair of thier choice and packers word is final ....

11. lol thats like the unspoken rules.

12. it's all about snappers (one hits)

that's all i smoke

gives you more of a control on your high, conserves your weed, gives a greens hit every time.

13. geez man you always gotta corner
    who are you smoking with!?

14. damn straight! thats the way for bongs but if im alone smokin normal pipe ill pack it full and corner it just so i can taste greens more times.

15. I really love green hits. this is the way I always do it too. not really cumbersome at all, and when you've had enough, nothings wasted.

16. exactly, i hate packing a bowl, taking my first hit...feeling good but don't want to take the next hit right away.

besides, i find anything after the greens hit to taste bad from a bong.

i pack bowls on a dry piece, because packing one hits doesn't reduce airflow at all, and there is to much air coming through to get a good hit....if that makes sense.

god i'm bored.....my philosophy teacher didn't show up, so i'm sitting in a class with 5 other people doing nothing. i would do something, but my girlfriend is in class til noon, so i've got nothing to do but dick around on my computer

17. Cornering for the win. I've always done cornering and try to conserve weed. I hate it when people in a roto take HUGE rips and almost cash the bowl, those greedy people suck *points at you*

You have to treat Mary Jane gently, not like some nasty hood rat.

18. ya, we always do this, 3 ppl can usually get greens, thats why i like smoking with my boys cause its just known to do this, but when we smokin with others they usually just burn it the hell up and we regret matching them....but ya good topic. for people who dont know this, begin this habit. :hide:

19. I agree i think i might print this and show it to my friends/smoking buddies because no matter what i say to them or anything they never fucking listen to me. Unless i hit it first i usually just like turn a nug in the bowl over or something.