Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Bowl not getting me high?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by HerbMasta, Oct 31, 2013.

1. I recentley purchased a new bowl to use because I'm not able to use my bongs as often.

The other night I decided to try my new piece and see what it was like. I packed up a couple fat bowls with the last nug of my fire and smoked them both to the face.

After I finished the second bowl I noticed I wasn't really that high. I thought that I was rushing it and waited to see if the high would creep up on me.

It didn't. Two bowl packs got me somewhat high, but not like i'd expect.  I'd assume that smoking a couple bowl packs would get a normal person high but it just annoyed me more than anything..

I guess my question is this;

Do any of you notice that bowls don't really do the trick? Maybe I'm not hitting it hard enough but I thought I was.

Since I'm not able to use my tubes, I don't have much of an option to smoke a bowl. But i feel like i'm wasting weed.

2. A bowl usually gets me high unless its a really small piece and assuming it was good smoke.

It may have been packed to tight. I've also noticed that certain weeds smoke better through bowls after they've been run through a grinder and others broken up by hand. It also varies with bowls as to how large the hole is at the bottom.

Hope it helps

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Tolerence

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. That could be an issue. Although I'm not really sure how high my tolerance is. Might try a T break but i won't be sleeping for a few days haha

5. I used to be the same way about joints. They would never get me that high.

Years later, after just vaping, when I burn joints I actually feel them now. 

So maybe you just don't get that high off bowls, maybe later in life you will.  :confused_2: 

I mean my buddies used to always smoke joints and shit and say they were baked, but I used to never feel shit. Now all of a sudden I do, so Idunno 

6. If you're going from bong to pipe, a lot of the time you won't get as high. Damages to the bowl can increase or decrease oxygen;smoke ratio flow, but a brand new bowl isn't going to be a problem.

It's, Friday mornin, where the weed at?

IG: @thisbowlisburning
    GT: fourblacks

7. I was kinda the same, I would smoke joints when I first started and they wouldn't get me that high. But now if I smoke a joint it'll do me in for a couple hours. Bowls have always got me fucking ripped though..Just gotta smoke a few fat ones.

8. I can relate.  I have to smoke eight bowls a day out of my pipe just to get as stoned as I want to be by the end of the night, and it's making me wonder if I'm inevitably going to switch to bongs.  They get you higher than pipes, and I suspect they save money too. 

9. make sure you are hitting it correctly... with a bong, the smoke fills in the chamber, so it's easy to get a big hit. with a bowl, you have to use your mouth as the chamber to get big hits (or so my boyfriend taught me!).

i still hate smoking out of bowls and prefer the bong everyday  :hello:

10. You aren't getting huge ass hits off the bowl like you get from the bong.

11. Hold your smoke. Dry hot smoke is harsher to hold. Gets you higher.

12. They don't get me high either unless I inhale it til I can't anymore lol. Bongs only. Joints occasionally.