Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

bowl filter: what to use???

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by hashbrownies137, Mar 27, 2009.

1. #1 hashbrownies137, Mar 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2009
    hi everybody. ive recently aquired a tuba mouthpiece that i intend on using as a big ass bowl for a bong im constructing... problem is that i cant figure out what to use to keep my filter (filter from inside a sinkfaucet from lowes) in the mouthpiece. a picture of a mouthpiece like the one i have is below.

does anyone know of any easily obtainable materials to use as a filter for my bowl or anykind if burning reistant glues/adhesives????

Please help me!!!!:bongin::confused_2:[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. it looks like you forgot the pic haha but i think i am misunderstanding your question. are you trying to keep the screen in place? or do you need something else to use instead of a faucet screen?

3. ok i fixed so theres a pic. but what i mean is this: i need either a bigger filter that wont give off any fumes to put inside the bowl and then secure outside of it, Or some type of fire resistant glue to keep the filter i have.

my whole intent is to have a stationary, cleanable filter sorry if i was unclear.

4. I think you need a smaller bowl. From what I remember from my elementary school days tuba mouthpieces are huge. much bigger than what you'll prob be smoking... any chance you can obtain a trumpet one? it's a more appropriate size

5. this bong my friends and i are creating is going to be meant for smokig large amounts at a time. this bong isnt goin to be used for anything under a 10sack lol. not that a 10sack is a large amount but just to give you an idea i can fit a 20 in it. so i kind of want to avoid downsizing.

6. if you want to, use a stainless steel socket (whichever size works best) and see if you can fit it in the tuba mouthpiece, then put the screen on top of the socket. i've never tried this so it might not work, but it's about the only idea i can come up with apart from either A) downsizing your bowl or B) cutting out a piece of a large stainless steel screen (which they sell at many places such as home depot, walmart, ect. for many different purposes)

7. ahhh yes why didnt i think of that!? is stainless steel screen fairly pliable? like could i mold it into the bowl and wrap it over the edge of it fairly easy? never used stainless steel screen before. thanks for you guys' ideas