Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

bowl? bubbler? or both?!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by knumnick, May 16, 2011.

1. #1 knumnick, May 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2011
    Sooooooo I started smoking around December, and I love it. It just provides so much stress relief in my silly life. I don't smoke too much- around once a week, sometimes less. But tomorrow is my birthday, and I want to buy myself a gift (or two...)

At first, I wanted to get a bowl. Cute, compact, and easy. But then my friend advised that I get a bubbler. So now I'm all... :confused_2:

Do I get the bowl? Do I get the bubbler? Or do I just say "screw it!" and get both? I'm willing to get both, and have the money. But what is everyone's opinion?

Thanks so much!!! I'll be snoopin' around this forum more often.

edit: Im not getting a bong. Not now, at least. I want something small and easy to hide from the parental units.

2. Scratch them both and get a bong. Trust me, you won't regret it.

3. welcome to the city:wave:
    to answer your question, it really depends. if you smoke on the go a lot, i would recommend a dry piece, but if you can sit down on a nice couch and toke up, go with a bubbler. I'm a big fan of them, what's your price limit if you dont mind, maybe we can recommend you a few different ones, or if you're going to your lhs then a particular style

4. Nah man. I want to keep it small. I don't feel like trying to hide that and risk it getting broken.

5. I'm willing to spend up to 80 bucks all together if I get both. So that's my limit. Im going to my lhs, and I don't know anything about styles. Im bringing some friends that know what to look for, but I wouldn't mind learning about styles a little more myself and stuff. I just want to make sure whatever I get is small but works great.

6. i think everyone should have all pieces bongs for when your just chilling real hard at home and trying to get crazy high bubbler for at home or on the go water filtered smoking but it can be sort of a pain in the ass for on the go sometimes thats when the bowl comes in just put it in your pocket and bounce! oh and post pics when you get whatever you get.

7. i have a couple good pieces that were pretty cheap. whatever you go with go glass. i have a small glass spoon that serves me well and is easy to clean. at my headshop they sell a pretty big blue glass bowl for about 60. 80 is a lil cheap to deal with but i think you should check out what gc has to offer before anything.

8. For $80, you should be able to easily get both a spoon and a bubbler, as long as you're not looking for something too high-quality. :p

I've gotten spoons for $10 and bubblers for $20 around here. Mostly china glass to be sure, but I used to like collecting a lot of pieces and I never regretted a single purchase.

But yeah man, it's your birthday, get both! :smoke:

Happy early birthday, BTW! :D

9. Bubblers just don't get you high as much.. a glass spoon would be more efficient, more hoots, more high.

10. I have a 10" zong, a homemade bubbler that works like it's professional and I just ordered a glass pipe that should be coming in the mail around friday. So far my favorite is my bubbler but it's not like many bubblers you can buy off the Internet.

But I would suggest you get both, bubblers are more fun and filter the smoke for you but pipes are easy to transport and effective

11. Bowls are definitely the best from a portability stand point. However, I really like bubblers personally.. I would say get both if circumstances allow. :smoke:

12. That totally just depends on personal preference. :p

I can usually get higher off a bubbler than I can a pipe, and higher off a bong than I can a bubbler.

But when I've been smoking out of nothing but the bong for a few weeks and then switch to a spoon, it does make me feel a little higher and the high is a little different.

That's why I like to switch it up a lot. If I get too used to one piece it doesn't feel like it's getting me as high anymore. :confused_2:

13. for your first piece id say bowl > bubbler, but you have enough for both if you really wanted. a bowl is easier to clean and travel with but sometimes a bubbler just hits the spot.

or, buy a bowl and a cheapish bong, thats even better

14. no dude. thats not how it works

15. Alright. Soooo I think I'm just gonna grab both. Im flexible on the price, so its whatever. I just get paranoid about getting something and then finding out its a dud, or whatever so I am never upset about spending money on something that needs to be of decent quality. Worst comes to worst and I just sell whichever one I don't like. whateverrrr.

What should I watch out for when making a purchase? Like signs that something is no good? etc.

16. Make sure that your pipe is thick glass, thin is ok but they break very easily

17. Make sure its thick glass, has a nice size bowl and make sure the hole isn't too big or small..

I hate dry pieces personally and would deff get a bubbler!

18. Im not really experienced enough to have a preference. I've smoked out of a bowl, and a bong before but not a bubbler. The bong was nice except I think I took too big of a hit because I felt not so good. Or maybe the bud was different than I was used to.

19. Get either a toro 16 arm or fuckk just go to aqua lab tec nighah.

20. I have no clue what that means......