Bout how long for seeds to "pop"

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Photosythetic, Jun 23, 2006.

1. how long does it usually take for mj seeds to open up or "pop" with the paper towel method of germination? (average)

2. mine came out after 2 nights

3. 2 to 3 days usually.

4. Mine popped in less than 24 hours. It helps if they have a place that is warm to germ on. Top of a TV that is on, a cable or satilite box etc.

5. thx... i just checked on mine and a few are starting to crack open

6. 2 to 5 days is the most it took for my seeds to sprout out of the jiffy peats. i have done this 4 total gros with a total of 11 plants all bagseed except this time bubblicious 5 females all togther all plants with 100 percent germ rate. so jiffys work for me lol

7. Mine have always germinated within 24 to 48 hours, but I have read that some can take up to a week or so. However, that has not been my experience.

8. Could be as long as 10 days or so but often within the first couple of days. To speed them along put them on a plate and put that on top of a TV or stereo, the warmth will move things along.

9. Im currently germing 2 seeds in a tuppaware box with wet paper towels. 1st seed 'popped' after just over 24 hours, im still waiting on the 2nd one. I noticed that after i put them above my monitor the heat quickly brought my very first tap root!

10. I put them in a zip lock bag on top of my t5 will that work?

11. Yep. Way to resurrect a 9 year old thread.