Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Boulder...

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by WookiesAreCool, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Hey everyone, much to my surprise I was addmitted to the University of Colorado at Boulder :), it was my top choice for college, and was wondering how the bud was over there... and what are the closest mountains to boulder?

2. I got in to boulder too....but went to AZ...bad choice. What will your major be?

3. the bud in CO is f'n amazing, i loved it esp when we went snowboarding, thats the best thing to do high

4. Should have applied to CSU Humboldt. Now that's where the dank is at.

5. Isaw CSU loved it but then realized how far it was from Denver...

Then i saw boulder and it stole my heart lol

6. Congrats!
    What are you majoring in?

7. The closest mountains? Wtf... The rockies? Then from boulder you can hit about half a dozen different resorts in about 1-2 hours of driving. Then there's Crested Butte... ultimate snow, just about 6 hour drive away, on the other side of aspen. The secret stash of colorado.

Hows the bud? It's BOULDER.

Good that you're leaving Boston though... Boston is the worst city in the world. Although the bud there is comparable to the bud in Boulder.

It goes:

Worst - Boston
    Second Worst - Hell

8. Please don't come in here and bash my city, I know your intentions weren't that but c'mon, I love Boston more than New York and St. Louis and I have lived in both.

BUt what resorts are we talking about? Which ones are best, I have been to Aspen so I know I love the Rocky Mountain Snow.

9. Eh sorry... just had some super bad experiences in Boston. Everytime I've been there...

Well... the absolute best is Crested Butte. A good "local" spot is Winter Park and Mary Jane. I'd also recommend Steamboat Springs for good powder. The three most expensive are Aspen, BeaverCreek, and Vail... those are all not worth going to. In my opinion... totally over priced, full to the brim with rich assholes and shitty ass snow. Also check out Jackson Hole in Wyoming (a lil bit further drive, totally worth it) for some bomb ass powder and hardcore blacks.

Hope that helped.

Note: Usually when I go off and start talking shit like that I get distracted and it's basically like I'm talking to myself. It's barely ever actually directed at anyone on the board. I should stop, but its a bad habit.

10. This man knows whats up.

11. the bud in CO is amazing, go to denver and carry an ounce cause its LEGAL! haah. As for places to ski/snowboard it all depends what kind you are. For advance stuff go to Vail, Breckenridge, and Steamboat. Those are the best places with a lot a runs and they may a few people but the harder shit no one goes on, IMO. just go everywhere and try it once and then make your decisions based on that. I almost went to coloardo school of mines, now im in OU, worst idea ever.

12. dude i got into boulder too! not sure if im going there as I still wanna hear back from reed and bard, but if I end up going there we've gotta toke up together man.

peace

13. Yo man it's all good, but yah I was looking at Winter Park and it's only an hour and a half away, and right now I am about 2 and a half hours away from mad icy mountains so I am super stoked. I have been to Aspen and yes it is filled with rich assholes, :( .

Funny you mention Jackson Hole, that is where my friend is currently snowboarding. I am wicked jealous but then again next year I'll be so close to so much powder, so it's all good. How far away is Jackson Hole?

And yes this helped very much thank you.

14. Hell yes?

Oh Hell Yes :D :smoke: :hello:

Shoot me a PM if you go so we can get on eachothers Facebook's when it's official... maybe be roomies haha

15. :smoke: holy shit in denver you can carry an oz and not get in troulbe hell i know where im moving to when i get older

16. SOrry for not answering your question earlier, I am undecided right now... I want to open my own buisness when I graduate, what would be the best major for that.

17. what were ur gpas n shit when u got into boulder....i think im gonna apply there and im a sophmroe right now

18. We all know Houston is worse.

19. Son, learn english. Sorry that just had to be said but my GPA was around a 2.8/4. I took alot of honors and advanced courses and an AP or two, but GPA is only 3/10 of the admissions criteria. So my best advice, take the harder class even if you won't get the A, take a B in an advanced course, it will pay off.

Where do you live, the closer you live to Colorado (and are outside the state the higher your GPA neds to be to get in, and SAT/ACT scores are huge as well).

20. Congrats on getting into the school of your choice.

And yeah, GPA isn't as important as the actual classes themselves. People in general aren't stupid, and they ("they" being colleges, businesses, or anyone else who would see your HS/College GPA) can tell that someone who gets lower grades in a harder class is probably a better canidate than someone who gets good grades in a jack-around class. I mean my college GPA is like 2.7 but I've never taken easy classes unless I've been forced to (for required classes) and I'm not too worried about how I stand up against someone with a 3.5 in easy classes, because if all that mattered was the GPA I'd go to a state school like my half-retarded cousin and get all A's (he's getting straight A's too and I don't think this guy has ever opened a book--BUT it's at a crappy state university that employers skip over because they know the quality of education).