Boulder Police are offering a reward to snitch on stoners

Discussion in 'General' started by chrisislies, Apr 29, 2006.

1. Ahhh, the sig is much better, thank youuuuuuu!!!

2. Well it looks like a few people have been identified, so maybe the reward system works to an extent. Who knows? Maybe faculty members are the ones identifying these students. Doesn't make it right, though.

But I don't get the ídea (as some here are stating) that these people were 'caught'. Looks to me like they were posing for most of the pictures, giving rise to the idea that maybe this was a protest sort of thing, a "Smoke-In" if you will. That would make it seem like maybe these students went onto the field with full knowledge of the possibility of being busted, thus becoming something akin to martyrs for the cause. There were a LOT of people on that field. I don't think college students would be stupid enough to think that no one would get busted. Maybe this was their way of drawing attention to the absurdity of prohibition.

I searched the CU site but couldn't come up with any story behind the 4/20 episode. Was it a student planned protest? Who backed the administration's actions? Anyone have a link?

3. No link; they just do it every year in the same place. Every year for a while now has pics from CO of their big smoke-out. Never heard of them doing this photo bullshit before though.

4. haha thats funny, people wouldnt snitch for 50 bucks here haha!

~Perfekt

5. I would have worn a gorrilla mask. But seriously I'm sure that they knew the risks of smoking on the field, and just didnt care. Its not the smartest thing in the world to do, but neither is smoking in general. Im sure that none of them can be charged with anything serious but its just annoying. i guarantee that some of the people that ratted them out were fellow stoners that were there that just want to make a quick buck.

6. ^^^

the truth

7. I can't wait to go to college there...

I will never put my self into the situation to snitch or be snitched on like that so it's all good...

8. that girl is beyond smoking (full pun intended)

9. Why are you surprised that people would snitch for $50? I know I never would... I might call and fuck around with them. Be like... Yes yes... I don't usually do this but picture #420 is George W. Bush. I know because we were free-basing together. Then he sucked my dick for some crack.

But seriously... there are many selfish druggies/stoners that would happily cause someone a little bit of trouble so they could get themselves a fat eighth. Money is King here... and most people are easily bought.

10. We should call in that 50% of the people pictued moved to europe.

11. Or, considering recent events, moved to Mexico! :D

12. You know what's so sad about this, and almost makes me want to cry (if only I weren't such a man :p)

When's the last time you saw a page like that set up to find, I dunno, violent criminals who've skipped bail? There are tons of wanted people out there who just need to have the cops called on them (w/ their location) for REAL crimes like rape and theft, but I've never seen more than a 5 second pic on the nightly news, and even then it's only for the worse of the worse criminals.

I'd almost say that it's a mis-appropriation of funds to try to get smokers with so much vigor yet not real criminals.

13. P.S. - I don't know how you guys do in Boulder... but here in Fort Collins you're getting a lot more than $50 to snitch. In fact... along with those $50 you're getting a living hell. Snitches might not get shot at... but they get jumped again and again and have thousands of dollars of property/possessions trashed. You might say... "but it's completely anonymous"... there's snitches everywhere, even in the PD.

It's not just the fact that you snitched... it's the personality of a person who will sell out a friend (or any person) for money. They're whores to society and deserve nothing less than a death sentence. I guess I have a pretty conservative view point on things like that.

14. haha i dont know how that one quote is worthy of being in Lebowski's profile but hey whatever floats the boat.

whatsup with that one dude jus walkin around naked, he aint even smokin he jus came to get naked haha, ridiculous

15. Amen.

Well maybe not a death sentince, no one deserves to be killed by the gov't, IMO.

I saw this video once: Some bitch apparently snitched on some people. So anyway, later on, this girl is riding in the back seat of a car, and a huge group of people surround it. She locks herself in, but everyone just literally rips the car apart, breaking all the windows, tearing the door open, etc. Eventually they get her out and proceed to beat the hell out of her (and this is a huge mob, like 30+ people at least, it seemed).

Found it: http://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/beatasnitch.html

Also a quick google reviels that it happened in Oakland, and that she survived. I bet she never snitches again.

http://cbs5.com/topstories/local_story_237202220.html

//edit

Also it seems like a lot of people are saying she wasn't a snitch, and that whoever filmed it lied to get people to do it so he could sell the footage to a company that takes things like that (to make DVDs). Dunno if it's true or not, considering that people don't know who the girl was and I have no idea how John Q Websurfer could know any details about this, but apparently that footage was sold for profit shortly after it was made, which is sorta suspicious.

More links (I <3 Google)

http://www.ogrish.com/archives/woma...public_in_oakland_california_Aug_19_2005.html
    http://forum.ogrish.com/archive/index.php/t-73332.html <- thread about it, may have some info. A lot of typical 13-yearold sub-intelligent racist bullshit in there though too, so reader beware.

16. ^^^

that snitch video on ebaums is intense! i've seen it a long time ago, thanks for posting that.

17. Love the last line in that article: "The homicide unit is no longer handling the case." :D

18. Yeah, come join me :D

19. They got a shit load of pictures too, and everyones looking right into the camera. I wouldn't want any of those pictures to be mine.

20. oh my god fucking shit holes what a waste of time and money