Bought T12 Lights for Veg. Need Help!

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by MyDogSmokesWeed, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Hey guys, I have a quick question. I just bought some T12 lights for veg and I'm worrying I may have bought the wrong ones. I bought the right bulbs with 6500K color temp, but the lights I bought say 3500K Actual color temp. What does that mean? Will those lights still do alright with the 6500K bulbs? They are the right wattage and everything, but I"m just wondering if the 3500K lights I bought will run the 6500K bulbs correctly? Please let me know if you have any experience or knowledge on this.

2. do you mean the ballast you have is originally 3500k? if
    so your 6500k bulbs will work fine in it.

3. Yes, I was confused. The bulbs are 6500K color temp. But then it threw me off when I saw that the light fixture said that had an "actual color temp" of 3500K. Wasn't sure if it would still work ok or not.

4. Your good to go then bud! Hope your grow goes well

5. Nice, I'm psyched. Finally got my grow just about finished, and it's coming together very nicely. Around the 1st of the year I'll start my next batch with the good seeds I ordered. Can't wait to see how those strains grow.

6. T12 are very old lights..like 1970 or earlier ..they are in comparison very thick , to the T8's or the T5, the current all purpose flouro.
    Moving to a T5 grow rack would give you considerably more lumens to grow with, the best system is 2-3 units, held together to form a rack, best are the 4' long ones,

good luck
    "V"

7. check out the t5 single lens reflector. i've personally used them and overdriven them and they put out a ton of light. it's supposedly does 200% light output with the parabolic reflector rather than the i guess standard reflectors that come on grow fixtures

standard reflector..
    [​IMG]

this is the ones w/ multiple bends and the reflective material is much better
    [​IMG]