Bought some Ray Ban Sunglasses on ebay, 2/3 ended up being fake!

Discussion in 'General' started by EASYlivin, May 29, 2012.

1. Watch out ebayers, because counterfeiting is apparently common these days. I bought some ray ban wayfayer sunglasses on ebay. First a black pair. They ended up being scratched so I sent them back and I had a feeling they were fake.

When I got the second black pair I kept them for a day as my third pair came in that was a different color. It became clear that the second pair was fake as I examined them and compared them to my 3rd (red) pair.

I then made a youtube video to document my discoveries. Check it out.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka9ol8pAGxg]Real VS Fake Ray Ban Wayfayer Sunglasses (2140) Both From Ebay 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

2. ebay is as sketchy as craigslist sometimes...

i literally got screwed, and am still kind of paying for it now. but it's cool. i don't trust ebay for much, and i certainly WOULD NEVER trust paypal...

sucks for you man.

3. I ended up sending the 2 fake ones back. They were about 70$ each though. Just an annoying process in all.

4. ¡ Pobre sito!

5. I'm sorry to say this, but... Duuuuh! :p

Don't buy anything off of eBay if you're worried about it being a fake, because it probably is.

I keep seeing more and more reports of people buying shit like external hard drives off of eBay only to get a hard drive case with a small thumb drive and a couple of weights inside to make it feel right.

eBay is not a reliable service for things of this nature. People should really be more aware of that.