Bought PHX Trinity 1 Perc.

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by bluemc, Dec 22, 2009.

1. I just purchased a new PHX for $250 + $30 for an ash catcher. $280 total.

It's a PHX Trinity, I think 20"s. 1 Dome Perc, Splash Guard, Diffuser.

[​IMG]

I'm looking to buy some accessories on grasscity for my bong.

1. Will Molino Bowls 14.5 fit for my bong?
    2. Where can I buy a diffuser ash catcher? PHX preferably.
    3. Where can I buy PHX accessories? I'm looking for a PHX ash catcher.
    4. What is my joint size for my PHX?
    5. Can I upgrade my diffuser? What is my size? I was thinking a longer one would be better so I can put less water in my bong.
    6. What other cool stuff can I get for my bong?
    I want multiple pieces for my bong so I can wash and clean them out overnight and still use it.

2. 0.) the proper designation would be a PHX "DUO" the trinity was a beaker bottom with two percs and a splashguard (they also had a "TETRA" which had three percs plus a splashguard)
    1.)A molino 14.5 would only fit with a bushing adapter to convert the size into a large diameter.
    2/3.)phx doesn't retail online, and as tempting as it is to stick with a single brand there are much better ashcatchers out there in similar price range.
    4.)standard PHX come with 18.8mm joints for the beaker, the downstem, and the bowl.
    5.) yes you can upgrade your diffuser, i would recommend getting a Stoneglassworks Showerhead Diffuser (search this forum you should find some threads) it'll make a day and night difference to your piece. guaranteed. he can custom make it to any length and can also customize it so that you can utilize 14.5mm bowls if that's your preference. the best way to figure out what length you want is to stick a pencil/pen and mark off where you'd like the tip of the diffuser to sit. here's a pic:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6.) get yourself a bottle of GrungeOff Supersoaker, best investment for glass, it'll erase the toughest resin stains, is reusable, and will keep your glass sparkling clean. there's not point in getting a nice diffusing piece like a PHX if you're gonna keep the piece dirty

there are an incredible variety of ashcatcher available, check out circulators, tree percs, inlines, stemless, disc diffused. all incorporate different technology to aid in diffusion.

other tips? i'd say go to ikea and get yourself a large circular cork coaster that they sell in the pots and pan department. PHX is nice but have notoriously thin bases so take extra precaution with that.

3. That stupid 74rd, i was wondering wtf was going on with a flood of stupid old phx threads that nobody cares about.