Bought my first bong

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Lunach1ck, Apr 7, 2014.

1. Since I no longer smoke with my friend, I knew I needed a bong of my own, I found an all glass one, not a steep price, picked it up for $60 and has something called a percolator in the tube and grooves in the tube to put ice in it. Not sure why I'd use ice, or what the percolator is/ does but it seemed like a good deal for $60, so I bought it.

Here's what I bought.

Attached Files:

2. What does the diffused (Honeycomb?) stem do, does it give extra filtering? I also have a single percolator in the tube (chamber?), I guess this bong is setup for being really filtered for smoother hits?

3. Percs diffuse the smoke which cools it down. They can add a significant amounts of drag that's why I tend to stay away from them, but looks like a nice piece for $60 I'm sure it rips! Enjoy the new piece and show us some milk!

--
    Matt

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

4. Looks like a good pickup for $60.

I'd put some ice in there just to see if you like it or not. You may end up loving it.

5. thats a good looking beaker tube. id actually toke out of it.

only thing i dont like is the cheap china looking tree perc

6. Looks nice for your first pick up man! welcome to the glass family :) percs are designed to filter the smoke more & make a smoother hit but with added drag I don't care for percs that's why I got a RooR straight tube. Only perc you need is a diffuser which you have a nice one,
    they break up the big bubbles that you would find on regular open bottom down stems into much smaller bubbles which creates less drag & makes the hit much smoother

Who Dat!

7. Can always get a second piece without a perc and get one that fits this stem, Vegas has some decent deals on bongs like this in one of many smoke shops all over the city.

So having the (I guess it's a honeycomb stem) diffused honeycomb stem and a percolator, I should have nicely filter, cool, smooth hits? I'm used to just using an open tube bong, so this should hopefully be more enjoyable. What do you mean milk?

I plan to try ice in it once I can locate a dealer or even some crappy mexican weed, Vegas just seems devoid of any weed, sadly.

Yeah, I wasn't sold on the bong at first, but the clerk was super cool about changing out the stem and bowl with ones more to my liking and I decided I wanted to give a percolator a try and it being $60 for a decent looking all glass bong, I was sold at that point.

You bring some weed, I'll get the bong ready to fire up. ;)

It does smell like it's been used, can't tell by what though, but it's not an overpowering smell, you literally have to stick your nose to the mouthpiece to smell it and doing a dry run hit from it, I can taste it a bit. I'm going to say it was tobbacco, because it doesn't taste like any weed I've ever had..lol It also has water spots inside, but even if it is used, it's like finding a good deal on a lightly used car.

8. Milk= smoke flowing through the tube!

Yeah it should hit nice let us know!

9. #9 InstaBlaze, Apr 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2014
    Looks like a 6 arm downstem, not a honeycomb.

If it smells weird I would definitely clean it out with some hot water/soap and some rubbing alcohol. You never know where those tubes have been. 

But I have to wonder... Why did you buy the stuff if you don't know what it does?

10. #10 MRCRONIK, Apr 7, 2014
    By the picture (hard to tell) but it looks like your diffuser is either a weird showerhead or a 6 arm tree looks more like a tree though

Who Dat!

11. #11 MRCRONIK, Apr 7, 2014
    Milk= white walling it.
    Take some pics when you do

Who Dat!

12. I needed my own bong, the selection wasn't huge, price was good, that's why I bought it even though I didn't know what some of the stuff did. Yeah, I plan to clean it before I use it, need to find some weed first before I can use it.

13. Will do!

14. Well, got hooked up with a bud of some dank pine indica or something like that and I'm going to smoke it tomorrow. Hope I can get a picture before I get too baked..lol My system has been clear since early February, so it's going to likely kick my ass.. In a good way. :)

15. #15 Lunach1ck, Apr 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2014
    Got some Romulan Haze, going to light it up soon.

Attached Files:

16. Wish I had some brownies or more bud to smoke..Oh well, least I found a friendly local stoner to hook me up in the first place.

17. That's an awesome looking bong. It looks like it hits smoothly.

18. the down stem is a 5 or 6 arm with 2 or 3 slits on each arm, its basically the same thing as a tree perc (like what is installed inside that bong) made into a down stem, kinda heavy on the drag and can clog individual arms easy but its decent at smoothing out the smoke.

19. percs diffuse the smoke and make it easier on ur lungs. Theyre ight. They cause drag. Ones good. More than one perc usually sucks. Should've bought a zob bro. Prob get a decent zob for $100. I would say get a medicali, illadelph, or sovereignty but theyre more expensive.

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum