Bought a used iPhone 8 which is icloud locked...

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by the_tobzster, Sep 27, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Hi guys,

So I recently bought an iPhone 8 on Ebay, turns out the phone has an iCloud lock on it and even though I have hard factory reset the phone/wiped the data I still can't get on it without entering the previous users details... I tried contacting the seller numerous times to remove this or pass on the details but he is ignoring me, go figure...

I searched the IMEI number online and turns out it appears "lost or stolen". Is there any way I can remove this or am I totally screwed? If so that's $500 down the pan -_-

Thanks for any help!

2. I BELEIEVE YOU to be screwed.....but dont just take my word....wait for others, I'm not a "tech guy" so.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Lol don’t buy stolen iPhones.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Totally screwed...

Sorry man. Was in the phone business awhile and the iPhone lock is a full stop issue, and the stolen registry is the icing on the cake.

It's a paperweight...

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. U got a paper weight.
    If it came from ebay you can get your money back unless he said it was locked, ebay don't like liars and shit like that. I've had several things I created a dispute on and had my cash back shortly, worst one was about 2 weeks

• Like Like x 2
  6. Your one remaining option is to reach out to Apple. If you can provide valid proof of purchase to Apple, the company should unlock the phone for you. Print receipt or other proof of purchase, then go to Apple store

7. Doesn't work like that. Apple wont do anything for phones sold 2nd hand especially if the phone comes back stolen, lost, broke or connected to an account that wasn't paid up. Even if they were to unlock it, it costs over $200. My sons iPhone somehow became locked. Theres a ton of stipulation apple has about unlocking phones. Fuck apple.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. He doesn't have the original proof of purchase. eBay is hardly a legit dealer.

I've dealt with this before. Even if it was his from day one and he could prove it they don't help anymore.

You have an apple account and have to reset your password there then unlock the phone. They won't bypass the apple id/find my phone app ever.

9. You pretty much bought a parts phone. I have a friend that repairs phones on the side, he buys phones like that for parts for very cheap.

File a claim . If the seller didnt advertise it as locked you should have a case

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. U can prob contact eBay n get ur $ back

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Call E bay .. them and pay pal .
    Tell them you want to return the phone ………………….
    You the buyer can do that up to 45 days and get a full refund .

12. Get shold of ebay. Youll get your money back and youll get to keep the phone

13. Never ever buy a phone from eBay you could be buying anything as you found out.. use a local selling website next time at least that way u can check the phone before paying :confused_2:

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. I bought a nitro powered rc truck from an ebay auction. It was advertised new in the box. I got it for about 1/2 the cost of a new one. I figured it would go for much more. Anyways when I got it, it obviously wasn't "new in box". It wasnt in bad shape by no means but had a couple broken parts. I contacted the seller who pretty much told me to go get fucked. Had he been polite about it I really wouldn't have cares even if he didn't do anything about it. After repeated slanderous messages from the guy I filed a claim. PayPal reviewed the messages and refunded my money. I offered to send it back but since the guy wouldnt reply to ebay/PayPal, I was told I could keep it.

The next day the guys wife contacted me and told me her husband was drunk and being an idiot. I offered once again to return the truck and she said no, that her husband needed to learn an expensive lesson. I thanked her and excepted her apology. Few days later the broken parts showed up. The wife made the guy replace them. She sent a hand written apology. I fealt bad but probably not near as bad as the wife was making the husband feel. She was pissed at his messages.

So I ended up with my money returned, a free nitro rc truck and free replacement parts.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Totally agree. Apple won't unlock terrorist phones for the FBI after a terrorist attack. They are the last holdouts on privacy for their users. Which is nice.

16. Now it's so vast and hi-tech...

17. If you have the receipt, papers, box of the phone then Apple can unlock it for you..otherwise..you're screwed

18. Get ahold of ebay. Tell them its stolen. You get your money back AND you get to keep said item. Yes you can unlock any phone if you do your research.

19. Unless you are already married, she should become your wife.

20. U have to take it to a shop and pay them. They can do something to it to make it work but from what I hear if u ever factory reset it it goes away. This is why I don’t buy used phones without checking imei # first