Bought 400w Hps Light!-*plant Info*-pics

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jonasblue, May 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SUP ALL ON GC,
    OK SO I BOUGHT A 400W HPS LIGHT.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/High-Pressure-Sodium-400-watt-HPS-Grow-Light-w-400w_W0QQitemZ7769233537QQcategoryZ42225QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting:hello:

HOW FAR AWAY DO I NEED TO HAVE MY LIGHT AWAY FROM MY PLANTS. I PLAN ON HAVING 8. I HAVE 2 GOIN RIGHT NOW. ONE OF THE PLANTS IS JUST LOVING THE 2 40W COOL LIGHT CFLS. ITS TAKING OFF REALLY GOOD. ITS BEEN LIKE 7 DAYS OF VEGGING.HERES SOME PICS IN ORDER FROM THE BEST TO WORSE IN ORDER FROM SPROUT TO BECOMING A LIL PLANT.

SETUP FOR NOW TILL 400W HPS COMING THIS WEEK!!!!
    [​IMG]

WEEK 1-PLANT 1

SPROUT ON DAY 2
    [​IMG]

DAY 4
    [​IMG]

WEEK 2-PLANT 1

DAY 6
    [​IMG]

DAY 7
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

WEEK 1- PLANT 2
    THIS ONE IS SLOW AS FUCK!

SPROUT- DAY 2
    [​IMG]

NO PICS :(

DAY 7
    [​IMG]

BOTH OF THEM ARE VEGGING FOR ABOUT 7 DAYS NOW. IM GERMANATING ANOTHER SEED AND THEN IM GETTING 3 SEEDS OF BLUEBERRY ROMULA THIS WEEKEND. I CANT WAIT TO PUT THEM UNDER THE HPS THEY ARE GOING TO GO WILD WHEN I GET THAT LIGHT ON THEM. I CANT WAIT TO SEE THEM ALL FLOURISH IN THE LAVISH 400 WATTS OF PURE HIGH PRESSURE SODIUM LIGHTING. ALSO I GOT A NICE AIR FILTER GOIN ON THEM TOO. I HAVE SEEN THE LEAVES TURN GREENER AND THEY LOOK MORE HEALTHIER. IM GONNA MAKE A EVEN BETTER SETUP WHEN I GET THAT LIGHT NEXT WEEK. IM PROBALLY GONNA MAKE A GROW JOURNAL. I HATE USIN MY CELL PHONE FOR A CAMERA. IM GONNA GET A DIGITAL CAMERA SOON ANYWAYS.
    WELL TILL LATER..

PEACE,
    JONAS

2. Just Another Quick Question....

Ok Here We Go,
    I Need To Make My Grow Area Smell Proof. No Smell At All. I Can Use Some $$$ But At Least The Cheapest Online Shit. Can Plastic Do Anything If Its Airtght?
    Ok Late Time To Sleep.

Peace,
    Jonas

3. Hey Peeps!,
    My Plants Grew Even More, What Can I Expect From My New Hps?

4. Hey man.
    Seedlings look good. For smell you can construct yourself a carbon filter for real cheap. There are a few threads floating around here on how to make them. Check them out by doing a search. If you have $$$ you can buy a carbon filter or an ozone filter. Those two are your best bets. Your HPS will be awesome. Don\'t put it too close to seedlings. Keep it a good 24 inches away from them at first and then lower it little by little. Definitely set it up when you get it. It will veg them real nice.

5. This Is Sick!

I Am Getting 4 Clones Of Blueberry Romula. How Does It Take For Clones To Grow?
    Also My First Plant Is Goin Nuts. It Grew Another Inch And The Second Layer Is All The Way Out.that Air Filter Is Doin Wonders And So Is The Cfls. Cant Wait Till The 400w Hps Mothafuckers! Need Info On Smell Control. I Am In A Complex With Alot Of Motha Fucking Noisy Fuckers. Asap I Need Some Threads For Smell Control. Well Talk To You All Later

Peace,
    Jonas

6. Clones Grow WAY faster than seeds, plus they are already Mature and can be flowered even a week after some good light.

7. Ya sothings are goin pretty well here for my plants. I have some pics of them and whats been goin on.

ok so my plants are on day12 of vegging. I have a air filter and great ventilation in my room. Need help for a smell control setup and light leak proof.Waiting on clones and new seed. new hps400w should be here in a couple of days. ok here it is.

setup

[​IMG]

one of the plants doin better now than last time

[​IMG]

THe best one goin right now. all plants at day 12

[​IMG]

ALso think i should get bigger pots? and how do you transplant the plants? What do you need?

ok till later all...

PEace,
    Jonas

8. HPs light should be coming anyday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Which filter are you using? Do what I said above for smell. To seal off leaks you could use Mylar. Mylar also works great for reflection. If the leaks are coming from the cracks on a door for instance, the Mylar obviously won\'t work. If that is the case, the others will have to advise you because I don\'t know.

10. I think toasty pointed me in the direction of HVAC Tape for light leaks remember its in the HVAC section of Home Depot

11. Ok so heres the plants at 14 days old . ONe is just growing and growing.

GOOD ONE
    [​IMG]

THE REALLYSLOW ONE. IT IS SORTA GRWING LEAVES SLOWLY.
    [​IMG]

OK till later all. HPS is coming in.

PEACE,

JONas

12. I share your excitement. If you are getting rooted clones of this blueberry, that means you can probably flower them whenever you want, even as soon as you get them, thuogh you might want to grow them big to produce more and to allow your other plants to catch up a bit.

13. Pics seem to be somewhat out of focus.

14. Pics are out of focus because of fucking cell phone pics. Ill have a digital in a couple days or so. You will just have to bear for me a lil till I get one.
    I just looked at the bigplant and it is just growing. I watered them and they grew before my eyes. My god they love the cfls. Hopefully my light comes in this morning.

Peace,
    JONAS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.