1. Win a $250 shopping spree at Grasscity.com! To enter subscribe to our youtube channel.
    Dismiss Notice

Bottom leaves yellowing tip?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Cornflake, May 27, 2004.

1. I have 2 plants which have bottom leaves with yellowing tips (little dots of yellow starting at the tip working their way inwards). I assume it's not a nitrogen defficiency/fert burn since one plant has had ferts (last week) and one has not had ferts at all. They are under 3 26 watt flourescents. Neither one should be root bound, although one does have an awkward shaped pot (garbage basket with holes drilled in the bottom, slopes inwards as it goes to the bottom). The soil ph is the same for all my plants and none of the others have this problem (I have not tested the pH due to lack of papers/meter). The plants are 3 weeks old (+/- a few days).

If this can be caused by phosphorus or potassium defficiencies it will be fixed as soon as I get another fert. I'm currently using blood meal 12-0-0.

I can't seem to find any other possible causes of this problem so any help would be appreciated.

2. HIGH All, yes get some better ferts for sure Blood meal alone won't work..your babies need just as much P and K in veg and of coarse the trace elements

3. Just FYI it was the lack of nutrients. I added potash, bone meal and kelp today. They're already returning to a nice healthy shade of green, better than before actually. Thanks unoit.

Grasscity Deals Near You