Bottom leaves turning yellow

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Dragon45, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Does anyone know what's wrong with my plant? Its been in soil for 4 weeks now and starting around 2 weeks ago the bottom leaves began turning yellow. Btw I'm only growing the one plant in a tent.

A little info: 300watt led
    Fox farm happy frog soil
    Plain water ph is around 6.0 no nutes yet as I've read the soil is good for the first few weeks is that correct?[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Looks like at one time too much water maybe?
    Cut those leaves off as they are taking vital energy from the little fella.
    The top looks good so don't water too much and I personally would not add any nutes in soil for a while if the tips keep yellowing.

3. I may have over watered at some point I'm not sure. But I didn't give it to much water when I did water it and it was every few days when the soil was getting dry

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

4. Ph the water to 6.5-6.8 add tsp epson salt and crushed egg shells- that will cover you on magnesium def. (epson salt is mag sulfate) egg shells got the all natural calcium. Cut this necrotic leaves off/ let it dry out - get a moisture meter (10$ at lowes) it measures moisture/ph/and has light meter so it's a good buy. Dry is good- too dry can be too late but under water is better ypthen over water bc ur plant can't breath if the root zone is flooded and root rot will set in. Keep taking pics and follow me- I had same prob and just pulled 45 grams dry off a 16inxh LST plant. Just stay the course and listen to the plant-

Attached Files:

5. Thanks for your reply I cut of all the leaves the were yellow and just kept the top green ones. I have a bottle of CalMag plus would that work the same as Epsom salt and egg shells?

6. Yeah it will- cal mag is just a more efficient way (by efficient I mean easier) check out epson salt and baking soda and egg shells on YouTube - basic gardening 101- egg shells blended water right in but if u just crush some up as a top dressing they act like glass/razor wire for any soft bodied insect. Basically if ur an insect egg shells will kill ur ass- a must for outdoors but bugs get inside as well.

7. Baking soda can be used to raise ur ph but I use ph up bc it takes a lot of baking soda and it's just gonna make ur flush time longer. I was at 1500 ppm sand use "flora clean" 5 mil per gallon for a wk or two- ran 6 gallons and wk later 8 gallons (not all with flora clean) 50/5O 4 gals with flora clean and 4 gal h20 poems 240- let it dry and harvest4-6 day later

8. PPMs went from 1500 to 240- had I not done that I'd be smoking glass throats burning bud that burns black- my ash is so white you can see the bud structure